Sigil of Flame feels bad

For a little context, I have played DH since the class was released in Legion. I enjoyed the simplicity of the original eyebeam build and the fact that the simplicity of the rotation allowed for better appreciation of the beautiful animations the class sports, but as time has gone on, that fun simplicity has fallen away. Particularly in Dragonflight I feel that it’s gotten a bit much but that’s a different matter entirely.

What I wanted to address to day in particular is how bad the rotation currently feels for the no-mover build due to the necessary inclusion of Sigil of Flame. Ground targeting in melee rotations has never felt particularly good to me. For casters it works because you have a few seconds while casting to target, but without that grace period it just feels awkward. It also, like pretty much everything added to Havoc over the past 3 expansions, feels weightless. It lacks impact or ‘oomph’ when you throw it down. It feels almost passive.

I’m not a game designer. I don’t have a solution for it other than to say that it’d be nice to have something that feels a little better to use for fury generation in the no-mover build. Just wanted to see if other people felt the same way, I suppose.

1 Like

Its that way on purpose to force you into the mover build

Macro it to use at cursor location when you press button so you don’t have to click the ground anymore….
That being said, no mover build is going pretty against the grain of the class function and identity. You are an agile and deadly demon hunter.
While complex to master the current meta builds in PvE and PvP are easy to just pick up and do well with. You get a feel for your burst windows and when to use them.
It also feels like it properly rewards skill and punishes mistakes with appropriate downtime. Know the encounters and environment and you will excel.

Just use a mouse over macro… lol