Siege on Dragonbane Keep Event - how does this work?

Can someone please explain how you’re supposed to complete this? I’ve gone to the location just south of Dragonbane Keep where Boss is and nothing happens. I’ve tried 4 times now and the scenario won’t begin. If I abandon the accompanying quest, Boss says “You’ve arrived at the right time” but if I have the quest and talk to him he says “We must take back the keep.” Either way nothing ever happens and I can’t find anything online explaining how it works. I’ve seen people get the achievements for it so I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. Thanks.

1 Like

When you open the map and hover over the little horn that appears it will say the Siege is about to begin, time remaining XX minutes. It’s a Real Time Event that’s on a schedule. When I joined one it started right at Noon.

If it’s already in progress hovering over the horn on the map will have a different message, but I can’t recall what it said.

This quest info needs some smarts added to it. From the look of it you roll up and they say “We’re getting ready to go soon”. So people sit and wait. But according to WoWhead, that means they’re gonna leave on the next hour. So if you’ve arrived at say 6:05 you’ve got 55 minutes to wait. With no clear explanation, other than “we’re leaving soon”.

That’s not good enough. The NPC could give clearer information about when it’s leaving or you could have the information on the Horn map icon provide it. Or you could provide ingame visual queues - like the wagon starts empty and you literally see it being filled up. When it’s full the event starts.

It shouldn’t be sit around for AN HOUR wondering what is happening.

1 Like

The siege begins every hour. You see the horn on your map. I recommend getting there about 10 minutes early because getting there any later on beta never seemed to work. I was never able to join in part way through.

I’ve seen references that it is possible to join while in progress. How??!

Depends I guess on how far along it is. I’ve been able to join when Beef was on the road still. Just fly down and start killing things.

1 Like

Its a little messy to synchronize to do that event these days. You pass the mouse cursor over it and its there once in a while. Nothing reliable. You need to be lucky to get there at the right time. It dissapears all the time.

if you happen to be in Valdrakken, there is a zone-wide announcement that the Siege is about to start. If the Siege is part of the weekly accord, it lasts about 5-10 minutes because there are more participants but if it is just a random quest to complete some weekly then we get lucky and probably catch the tail-end of it because some 3-5 people will be doing it. Same as Feast. The Tamas WA isn’t accurate anymore.