Sick of getting put in American servers for PvP and Dungeons

I can’t PvP past 5pm here in Australia because I get put into American servers and my ping jumps to between 1k to 5k making it impossible to play. About 2 months ago I came back to the game after a while and found that if I queue for dungeons or battlegrounds after 5pm Melbourne time I can’t help out becasue my spells take longer then 20 seconds to cast. I know Blizzard thought they were helping but giving players 5k ping just means they will have to leave the battleground or afk. I love this game, but I’m basicly getting locked out of content around 5pm, I would rather wait 2 hours for 1 BG then get a 4 minute queue battleground that I cant do anything in.

3 Likes

Its been like this since i returned as well.

We constantly get thrown into groups with Latin-America servers like Quel’Thelas, and not only is the ping absolutely terrible, so are the players.

People in 470+ gear that don’t even know basic dungeon mechanics like HIDING from Rezan’s fear on M+.

Really not enjoying myself atm.

1 Like

the infrastructure team has the optics to know this is a problem. any chance the CS team wants to step up and at least acknowledge it?

or is this one of those, too hard, doesn’t impact murica, lets ignore type of scenarios? asking for an entire geographic region.

1 Like

Everybody in oceanic should just select “I’m willing to be the party leader” for pvp pve queues, this means anybody who does not have this selected will not be the leader, the leader is always the host server unless there’s two battle ground teams and it chooses the other teams leader. The amount of people choosing this option is low. If we all do it maybe it will wake blizzard up…

1 Like

i admire your enthusiasm, but that’s not how it works.
still broken in case anyone was considering a re-sub.

1 Like

Ive found a way around it is to just go to sleep at 5pm get up at 2am and play while this virus is still running out of control its not to bad at those times

Yup, that’s when I’m usually playing. Past midnight the latency’s decent.