Shuffle Duos.. Hear me out

Would make sense to rename it to that.

I’ve been sayin for a long time that 3s should be able to be qd as solo/duo/trio.

No. No matter how much you want it, Blizzard will never subject randomly generated groups of three to the pre-formed group meat grinder in rated pvp.

1 Like

Yeah I know you like to cry ‘but it’s not fair’ but it would be fine.

Giving the option wouldn’t be a bad thing, you don’t like it stick to qing with 2 others or play another bracket.

1 Like

Wow, I’m agreeing with Seratox? I never thought this day would happen tbh.

Strange thing to say. I don’t have a dog in the fight there, just pointing out the flagrant issue that advocates for this idea, such as yourself, clearly seek to benefit from. Luckily, you are not (nor will you ever) be one of the people getting anywhere near making any sort of decisions for WoW.

I don’t hate you, friend. I actually quite like you. It’s just this one take of yours.

1 Like

Nah bro we should get rid of the most popular pvp mode, the only thing that’s brought a few new players to pvp in several xpacs, so the same 10 boosters can keep making money in 3’s.

All these guys love witch hunting the people who buy boosts on the forums but they mass flag any posts talking about the people actually selling the boosts and ruining the fun for everyone else. Back when I played in tbc only third worlders would do RMT. We sold ~2k rated teams for gold but we never did pilots or sold accounts.

That used to be an instant ban but for some reason the same handful of kids are allowed to do it openly when literally every streamer knows exactly who they are. They even advertise on the forums ffs.

I’m pretty sure this would be super exploitable.

Lfg begs to differ.

If you’re talking about soloQ just being one round in its own pool (not merged with dedicated groups), how would it decrease queue times? A normal 3v3 match would still require finding 6 people with 2 of them being healers.

The main advantage of having a single game is that you get smaller MMR updates for each “round” played, giving you a smoother MMR curve. But it would take forever to climb if you had to deal with current dps queue times and only got 1/6 the rating gain.

2 Likes

It would eventually average itself out. Solo shuffle is more fair if you play it few times a season. One round would also lower toxicity by a huge margin.

Reading this thread confirms my appreciation that some of you forum posters arent in charge.

1 round solo shuffle would be terrible, would make sitting a long q just to have your team die in opener without using anything, even worse.

Duo queue opens up too much opportunity for funny business (ironic op has boost in their name)

Solo q just needs more healers. To do that they must either;

• sufficiently incentiveize healers
  • have ai healers that heal after dps sit 5 min+ in queue. Worse skilled ai heals at low ratings and better at high ratings.
2 Likes

LFG isn’t quite the same thing. People in LFG won’t accidentally end up with a comp of Blood DK Frost DK Hpal

Neither will anyone in the fridges idea, you haven’t bothered to get the details.

Does the fridge’s details include scanning check-pvp for extremely suspect criteria that would get someone denied, like a 30% win rate?

Does it matter, my win rate at over 2.6cr in the shuffle would get scanned as well.

We’re talking about 3s though not shuffle. (For Fridge’s idea).

Ya, you’re talking about a statistic that means nothing to try and win through a semantic.

Anyways the idea is to have a matchmaking system where you choose which specs you want to play with and are matched up with those specs as a similar mmr.

While that would be better than a flat random team generator, I still disagree with this idea at a fundamental level and believe that computer-matchmade teams should not be queued against preformed teams for any form of rated content.

If people want to play with randoms against preformed teams, that’s why LFG exists. I do wish LFG would be expanded on a bit in functionality but that is an entirely different conversation.

I fundamentally don’t care if you agree, I just wanted people to not fall for the bs.