Shreds of insanity farming

to get max lvl gear, you got to farm 220 shreds of insanity. I think the first 20, to get gear 455 and azerite 465, is fine. no biggy. But to get gear 470 and azerite 480, u gotta get 200 extra shreds, 200!!! ok, so is fine, is a farm, is for a good cause, so i did it, took a while, but i got it. So, when i think of ways to gear my alts, i got 3 left in bfa, obviously undergeared, i think on get proffesion gear, but the time gate that 220 shreds implies, is just too much, so like, is the idea for proffesions to just get used on 1 toon? because the idea to farm 660 shreds of insanity to get 3 gear pieces for each toon, and adding the insane amount of expulsom you also need to farm, to get the stats u need… is just too much. maybe i can do it for 1 alt, and that’s it.
So, my suggestion is, if u do this 220 shreds farm in 1 toon, why not lower the cap for other toons in the account? make it half for the big farm, 100 shreds, plus the first 20, 120 shreds in total. Still is a lot, a ton really!, but could be a nice way to aloud playing alts in this awful expansion.

The numbers they chose are intended to somewhat restrict access to the gear to people doing appropriate content, while at the same time allowing a (long) path for you to eventually grind “up a tier”.

A really casual player or an alt only needs 440 gear, which you only need the original focus for. If they want to strive for the 455 gear as a long term goal they can eventually get the 20 from world bosses or a very occasional raid.

A medium serious player that does normal and sometimes heroic raids will get the 20 shreds for the 455 tier focus quickly, giving them gear that is right for the content they are doing, but also a way to eventually farm 200 so they might get 470s after a lot of work.

A serious toon that mythic raids needs the 470 right away and can get the 200 fairly quickly because they drop fast in mythic raids.

1 Like

Ok, so you are fine with not being able to play alts, unless you spend as much time in the alt, as you do in your main… What’s the gain? Is entertaining for you to have that many obstacles for playing alts? and you cant pvp with 440 ilvl, you really need to gear for arenas, and now, you can just have 1 toon for it, why is that better than to be able to pvp with as many classes as you want? This is supposed to be a game!