Shrediron's Shredder no longer upgradeable

With Shadowlands, gun upgrades such as True Iron Trigger are now unusable gray items. Due to this, we can no longer upgrade Shrediron’s Shredder.
Normally, this wouldn’t be much of an issue, but Shrediron’s Shredder has 3 appearances that depend on how upgraded the item is. Some people still want the higher tier appearances of it, myself included, but are now unable to obtain them.

Either restoring these upgrade items to a state where they can be used on the Shrediron’s Shredder, or making a workaround, would be greatly appreciated.

12 Likes

BIGTIME upvoted. I would really like to see a solution here.

2 Likes

bumping this thread

1 Like

They promised to enable access to transmog appearances of the WoD upgraded items.

Of course, they promised us Dance Studio too.

4 Likes

BUMPITY BUMP

want to keep this relevant so that the right eyes see it. any word on tentative patch to fix it would be welcome

1 Like

You won’t see it in the Bug Report forum. Most likely, it would be the release notes for the release in which they fix it. Maybe only through one of the 3rd party websites, since they often seem to be the only place this kind of news breaks.

1 Like

bumpy bumpy

cant decide which thread is most expedient for the purpose but i intend to keep the dream alive all the same

1 Like

If you have a boe one as I just made one and put it into your appearances it shows up as fully upgraded. As of 16JUL21

i think thats an artifact

try equipping it and see whether it unlocks all 3 appearances. in my case it did not

1 Like

That beautiful Shrediron’s Shredder in the appearances window is taunting me!

2 Likes

you and me both, sister

1 Like

so what are the odds that this change will come through in 9.1.5?

its a fan-service patch, so it seems like the perfect time. maybe a newer thread could grab their attention

1 Like

Yeah. I knew this was gonna happen. Even when they promised that it’ll come back, I knew they were dragging their heels.

So I bought up a ton of WoD mats and crafted those weapons. Sell’in them at 50k each. nice little profit.

1 Like

if youve got a fully upgraded shredder to sell, Nova, ill gladly take it off your hands

1 Like

Any movement on this, Blizzard? I would love to see an official update.

1 Like

No one from Blizzard will reply here. The only Blizzard employees in this forum are QA and they don’t respond to questions. The only ones who might know about bug remediation progress would be the dev team and they don’t read anything here other than bug reports (filtered and forwarded by QA). And the devs don’t generally address “when will it be fixed” because they don’t have to, and not commenting allows them complete freedom to pursue their own priorities.

3 Likes

thanks for sharing

bump for actuality

2 Likes

Bump. Just found out about this today, please fix.

2 Likes

This applies to all wod crafted gear, not just that gun. All had appearances locked behind upgrades.

I suspect what happened was that when they decided to implement a new, unified system of being able to upgrade many different types of gear with the addition of optional reagents, they realized this was incompatible with the old wod system. Perhaps they were unaware that appearances were locked behind the old upgrades.

When people realized this and became concerned, we were told that they would work on it. There is no sign they have.

What should happen is that wod crafters should have new recipes to create items that will upgrade the appearances of crafted gear. I doubt they will do this, but it seems to me the most straightforward process, and it won’t interfere with the new gearing system.

2 Likes

Wish more people would mention this so it would get fixed already.

2 Likes