Show off your Fairy Princess greatness

It’s free if you have a 6 month subscription.

This was probably a set they made for blizzcon that they’re giving out due to the cancellation.

2 Likes

Imagine paying 20$ for a transmog

I would say the majority got it for free since they keep 6 month sub on auto renew

6 Likes

Linking earlier post

1 Like

Oooo, is it trial of style week? Oh, nevermind, that’s a belf bank. my bad.

David Bowie returns!

1 Like

Some online communities are really easy to get revenue from. Just look at this.

What a :clown_face:

Imagine paying 15 dollars a month for a children’s game. Isn’t the imagination fun?

How I got mine. I actually don’t even think it looks that good. I imagine it looks good on a handful of race/class combos. Just doesn’t fit my paladin so I went back to a mix of plate gear.

3 Likes

Its not free, its in the store for 20 bucks. regardless of the 6 month thing. How many people gonna use gold for this instead and see them adding more crap like this.

Something that could have been a bonus quest in ardenwield now costs money. I hope you realize this is a ploy to cut retention from refunds of shadowlands delay. Instead of fixing issues, cuz yes this way WAY more important lol.

1 Like

Technically it is if you use in game gold to buy it. You have the option of purchasing it with actual money, but no amount of mental gymnastics will change that it can be gotten for free. Obviously someone has to buy the tokens, but you, yourself, can acquire it for free at the cost of someone else.

We already have an arden themed covenant set, why would we need two in the same zone? It’s also pajamas, I’d hardly call it a worthy quest line set. We also had that cool auction house mount in game. Instead of making it a cool questline, they just slapped a 5 million gold price tag on it. Then that lead to people buying at my best guess hundreds of thousands of tokens at 20 bucks a pop. My friend circle alone probably has over 100 tokens purchased during that auction mount time window alone.

There are more pressing issues for the game than a silly pajama cosmetic.

Wasn’t it obvious? Anyone with an ounce of brain power knows exactly why they’re doing this. What some people seem to be confused about, is that this is all optional and you aren’t being forced to buy the 6 months or spend the 20 dollars. You can simply ignore it like the vast majority did when they released the 3 cosmetic helms.

Please enlighten us on how the art and market team is gonna fix the various game dev issues.

I’ll wait as even the actual game devs seem stumped as to how to do their job.

1 Like

It doesn’t cost any money for folks who support the game with a six month sub, and it will remain that way until december.

I agree that an in-game quest for the transmog would be more fun, but I’m pretty certain this mog was made for the cancelled blizzcon and now they’re just giving it out to 6 month subs.

Someone had to make this decision to have them make this sh!t. And it aint the common folks in the art team that made that call.

Anyone that continues to justify this decision doesn’t see the truck coming straight at them.

We pay for the game.
We have to pay full price for an expansion for the 2 year period to be current content.
We pay for a monthly sub.
And now even more unobtainable cosmetics that are microtransaction?

Stop trying to justify sleezy activision practices that milk you for every dollar you have. Not one damn reason you should call this a good idea or fair to a community that has to pay on this many levels to access the game.

In-game gold has value on it while there is a WoW-token on a store page. Its real money at this point cuz bliz had made it this way. 139k gold? = 20 bucks. Is the transmog worth 139k gold? Or 20 bucks? You tell me.

I paid a bit under 240k gold for mine. :upside_down_face:

Wish I could do some overtime at work. Unfortunately thats a no go and I don’t have enough gold. I might have to skip a month to pay for it.

Right, they get told what to make as it’s their job. They’ve finished up their artwork for the most part of shadowlands, so now what do they do?

Do they just sit around and do nothing?

Or do they get paid to work on smaller side projects for a for profit company?

Make no mistake, at most they probably had 2 people working on this thing months ago and given its pajama design, it’s a safe bet this was gonna be a Blizzcon reward like the yeti costume.

What truck? We’ve had MTX in wow for what 12 years now? and this is the first actual set besides the 3 helms years and years ago they put up and removed. They’re clearly not very good at MTX if their goal is to release a transmoggable cosmetic once a decade on their MTX store.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Optional cosmetic that is obtainable in a multitude of ways.

You have the subscriber path
The wallet path of least resistance
and the gold exchange path

Most MTX things just flat out require cash purchases.

I’m not justifying anything… I’m simply stating facts. As it stands, this optional cosmetic can be obtained via playing the game. You just have to leave it up to others that are already buying tokens for a multitude of reasons to provide you with the exchange token.

At no point in my previous post did I mention this was a good idea. Not entirely sure where you got that from, feel free to quote where I said it if I forgot what I wrote.

I personally enjoy the sub cost as it keeps the free to play trolls out of my gaming space. Most of the people in the game are already intolerable enough as is without adding people who only play ftp games and drag entire communities down into the mud.

The exchange is only 15 bucks for a token so you’d have to buy 2. If you wanna bring up the practice of the wow token then that’s an entirely different issue. I’ve been against the token since day one as it’s effectively making Blizzard the gold sellers and creates entire issues on its own.

The token does provide a way to acquire this cosmetic should someone choose though. I still personally don’t like the wow token, but it’s here to stay as it’s far more profitable that anything they could ever put on the MTX store.

Just try to imagine how much money you think this cosmetic will give them, now imagine just how many wow tokens were bought when they announced the auction house mount would be going away. Whatever number you can think for that cosmetic will pale in comparison to the profit they made off that single mount.

Probably the most profitable thing they ever made and it was an in game mount.

2 Likes

You can buy this cosmetic with gold, its $20 in the transmog tab ( a new tab btw ) on the store page and you can totally use gold to buy this, right now.

The truck is - to see how many people will buy this transmog, with gold swapping, if it works out well i expect more in future and that does not sit well with me. I couldn’t expect any collector to be ok with it ether.

I’m either having one of those dreams where I’m naked or the armory is not displaying the xmog. Either way, check me out! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That will be 20 bucks sir.

That’s our secret Cap - every month is lgbt month

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes, like any good business who likes to make money will do.

As does anyone else with half a brain. This isn’t the old Blizzard most of us started with. The sooner you realize that Activision is calling the shots the sooner you can start to sleep better knowing that all the protesting in the world won’t make these systems go away. Simply refusing to participate in them is the only option you as a singular player have.

Doesn’t really matter what a collector thinks as it would’ve happened at some point regardless. Collectors are probably the biggest turn around Activision gets anyways as they have an extreme need to own everything. I got a buddy who I can’t even imagine how much money they’ve spent on mounts and pets. But they’re a collector so they have to collect.

Systems like this wouldn’t work if people didn’t feel the compulsive need to collect everything.