Should we continue to play here if we're in mountain time zone?

What are your thoughts? My husband and I are living in mountain time zone playing on westfall sever, which is eastern time zone. We are 2 hours behind, so when everyone else is going to bed at 11 pm we are only at 9 pm. Also we would still be at work or taking care of the kids when many groups start doing dungeons around 8 pm. Should we move to a Pacific time server, since our characters are only level 10?

Since there are no Central or Mountain time servers it does suck a bit.

I am Mountain as well, and the people I am playing with chose Westfall (Pagle before that). I don’t want to play super late, so EST works better for me than PST.

1 Like

I think the east coast servers are in Chicago so I guess it is central time or am I mistaken so you might only be 1 hour different.

I am in mountain and playing here as well. A friend who’s more hardcore than I am is playing so I followed him.

I’ve noticed no problems. I don’t see why you wouldn’t just hang if the times work for you.

Thanks for the replies! Some of my concerns stem from the fact that we don’t get home from work until 6 pm mst, and we usually can’t play until 8 pm at the earliest, which is 10 pm est. We would miss a lot of the community of players and probably have a harder time finding guilds.

They are in the Chicago area, but the servers use Eastern time instead of Central. I’m not sure why they don’t just have at least one Central.

They could easily do the same for Mountain time.

I think you would end up restricting yourself a bit in terms of activities if that is your schedule. Not impossible to find guilds doing things at that time I imagine but more flexibility if the times weren’t so different.

A PST server is only 1 hour difference and if you can’t get on till later one of those might work better. Hard to know how this will all turn out in 60 months anyway.

You will be able to find groups and guilds for raiding later on. EST servers almost always have late night raiding guilds that start at midnight server and run until people pass out.

We also have people that work evening shift and don’t get off work until 10:30 EST. I’ve noticed no real dropoff until 3/4am server.

1 Like

considering its westfall yes u should

I’m central time and I play here, its better for me than Pacific. You’ll be fine, since theres no servers for central or mountain :3

I just noticed theres alot of mountain time people on this server because i was thinking the same thing I think you will be fine here

Most people choose a server not based on server time, but ping time. Nearly every server has guilds running all sorts of hours, I’m sure you’ll find one that suits your play times.

If your ping time is good, you’ll be fine. Also, Westfall seems to be at the perfect level of population: It’s always High in the evenings, but I’ve never seen it Full, and I have yet to get a queue. I’d stick around if you are having fun.

Edit: nevermind

I’m in GMT (British) time and it’s fairly active at all hours I’m on, fairly solid server in general and having no queue is a bonus.

This. ^^ I’m on the West Coast, but with the way my work hours vary I’ve been on at pretty much all hours. Some days I’m playing at 10am, some days it’s 6pm, and other days I’m around around midnight-4am. While later at night you can tell there’s a little less people on, I’ve never had a problem finding groups for things and there’s certainly never a shortage of people talking in trade or any of the global channels.

I’m in mountain and prefer east coast servers; I tend to go to bed fairly early because I get up early for work, so it’s better for me overall. If I were more of a night owl or had later working hours, it’d be different.