Should we ask for a buff version of BWL in Phase 3?

retail is ez man heroic is nothing special just a fancy name to make people feel good. Sad people think inflating numbers and giving it a new names makes the game harder. See Diablo 3 RoS for an example lmfao

Its not that far fetched to assume blizz turned a few knobs. I do not remember +shadow damage greens dropping like they do now. Is it just more people putting them on the ah than before? Who knows!:ghost::ghost::ghost:

Largely yes. Folks disregarded pure Spell Power or Frost/Shadow/X Power items because of concerns over longevity. Gearing for raiding back then was essentially what folks go for now for soloing, especially when they know they need those extra casts to kill the packs and not go OOM.

We’re 1.12 with a lot of gear itemization, class mechanics and various nerfs and buffs.

That makes earlier content considerably easier- of course it does. People talked about how hard Zul was constantly- but even if you were just in WQ non raid gear, you could stomp him in 8.3.

You know what isn’t going to be made easier than it was in Vanilla by being in 1.12? Naxx- and the closer the content gets to the chosen patch, the harder content will get.

Does this mean it will be as challenging as it was back then? Of course not- 15 years of knowledge and strategies are going to make things easier not because they are easier, but because we’re better.

I’m not sure why anyone thought MC was going to be a challenge- it was a joke even in Vanilla where most of the problems came from players facepulling trash, not using the right gear or having access to 1.12 gear, and raids full of afkers, clueless players and people in awful specs. The main block in Vanilla was Ragnaros, and he was largely so because players weren’t doing enough damage to get him down quickly, and a longer fight means more mechanics (his adds), healers going oom, and tanks needing better mitigation.

The other thing is, when people talk about say, APES- I guarantee you the top top guilds are never going to have an issue, even in Naxx. They might not clear Naxx week one, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. But you are going to start to see a lot of mid tier guilds hitting a wall in AQ40, and absolutely in Naxx- some might even on Nefarian but I think even mid tier guilds will get him fairly easily.

As we approach bosses that take longer to kill as well, we will start seeing more mechanics- which also makes it harder for mid tier guilds to progress quickly.

Might not clear Naxx week one? If you consider a one in ten billion chance, sure. Top tier guilds are going to clear Naxx the day it releases with 0 wipes.

Actually, the opposite is true. The scaling of boss HP is very small but the later bosses don’t use their mechanics until long into the fight. As we get into more “difficult” content, it’s likely that even average guilds will be skipping boss mechanics.

Magmadar has 820k HP, Anub’rekhan and a lot of Naxx bosses are only at 1.3-1.5 million.

1 Like

But they won’t really take longer to kill. Naxxramas bosses have as little as 1.5 mil health in some cases, and don’t do anything substantial for almost 90 sec on top of that. What Galdor and I are both saying is that right now, without even using BWL or AQ40 weapons and gear, there are hundreds of guilds who could steamroll most of Naxxramas tomorrow, if not the entire thing.

I mean for crying out loud the old guides for Anub’rekhan talk about a guild taking a solid 30 seconds to drop a single guard that has 200k health. Guilds are killing Shaz, who has 75% more health than that, in nearly a third of the time.

The content was never sharply tuned, even in Naxxramas.

2 Likes

You’re delusional, and are going to be sorely disappointed. Naxx will not be difficult. Some of the bosses might pose a problem for average raid guilds, but for the most part, every guild that wants to is going to be able to complete naxx relatively quickly. Naxx will be about as difficult as the first raid tier in a retail example on normal difficulty. It won’t even be the equivalent of a heroic raid.

Players simply have too much time to prepare for naxx for it to be a challenge. The average player will have higher quality gear than ever before, and all the time in the world to farm consumables they need for naxx.

1 Like

Classic is Classic… Want buffed content? Run some M+15’s or whatever in BFA.

Classic is fine the way it is.

1 Like

They should drop the debuffs down to 8 at the very least, it’w what BWL was limited too.

Magmadar just stands there and does a few abilities, the most annoying is a simple fear and a ability that can be tranqed. Anub spawns two hard hitting, high hp adds from the start who need to be killed asap. Full dps is not going to be on the main boss, healers have way more going on too. Smaller adds happen as well. You can’t compare hp values at all at face value.

Do you really think the adds will need to be killed? They’re going to be offtanked or kited, just like we do with Garr or any other boss we want to kill quickly.

Yeah, from the two mobs that are going to ignored.

Guilds are not going to ignore the mobs that are tearing into the tanks and wasting healer mana, Naxx is tuned for 1.12. Even APES takes them down 1st.

You can’t compare, lmao, Garr’s adds to the adds on Anub either…

You realize that Private servers were overtuned, right?

The lower tier raids were, Naxx wasn’t. If anything Naxx was easier since bosses parry was set at 5% when it really is 15%. Tanks were getting hit with much less damage. Other mechanics may not have even been working.

Yea go ahead, ask for a rainbow unicorn mount that farts glitter too while you’re at it. I can tell you now you wont get either. These are the same people who put their 13 year old game back out and change one thing (sharding to layers) and cant even get that right. The people at Blizz are wastes of oxygen, always have been always will be.

a wise words!

& personally i never trust blizzard.

The tin foil is strong with this one.

cant wait to see the forums flooded with complaints that naxx is overtuned

Why would it be overtuned? We have the info on it already, and the strats. People are going to face roll half the wings.

3 Likes

you haven’t figured out yet, people want the game to be EZ. they want to be rewarded for playing more not better.

1 Like