Should there be a cataclysm classic?

Shrug…

Personally, I think Cataclysm is the worst expansion in the history of the game. So a “Classic: Cataclysm” won’t entice me to participate anymore than previous expansions brought back.

At this point I really don’t care either way, the classic community will throw a tantrum until they get the changes they want so it really won’t even be true classic.

I’m of the belief that there should be at least 1 server locked to the final patch of each expansion for the people that want to stay on that expansion, so yes Cata, MoP, Wod, Legion, BFA, and soon Shadowlands should all get the classic treatment.

I also believe these servers should be static, dev time should only be spent fixing major bugs/exploits not on balance patches or more content for these servers.

Finally I also believe they should have a system where a character can be started on any of these servers and once at level cap can choose to be moved forward (never backwards) to the next expansion servers all the way up until retail, as a way to get removed toys/mounts/mogs/titles while still having the original challenge intact. I know this would have it’s own set of problems but I think it would be more a benefit than a detriment.

I’m under the belief blizzard should continue wow classic well beyond wrath. I would love to see Cata Classic, and even Mop Classic. Warlords and beyond is where the game would get more questionable. If they did a Warlords classic I honestly feel blizzard would need to add content that would cut to the game as I feel that expansion was fine, but just lacked content mainly. The garrison thing was stupid, but i can still ignore that if there just was just more to do. A lot of people love Legion for certain, a personally do not, but i can see people playing up to at least a Legion Classic.

Getting onto the topic of Cata classic, I think cata classic would be freaking awesome, and people can finally turn off the negative nostalgia goggles they have for cata and actually see it for what its worth, and that is an expansion would interesting professions, great dailies, decent heroics, and great raids! Too many people hate cata simply because they go into full derp mode and say DERP BUT THEY RUINED THE GAME WORD DERP! I HATE CATA DERP, the LEVEL CONTENT I SKIP ANYWAY DERP CAN NO LONGER BE PLAYED HERP DERP.

I really enjoyed Cata. It was the first expac where I was able to Raid, thanks to LFR. (My kids were young so I never wanted to commit to a Raiding Guild, just in case I needed to quickly AFK.)

But, because I’ve played every WoW iteration since Vanilla, the Classic WoW releases have never captured me. I like my nostalgia where it is, in my memories. :white_heart:

1 Like

I didnt mind Cata, what I remember when I think of cata… I came back to Wow Mid cata and was leveling up with my ex we spent tons of time in the game since and after that…

• Dying to deathwing leveling
  • Heroic dungeon trash was like mythic+ now… I liked the fact you had to plan in some of the dungeons
  • I joined too late to do the early raids (firelands I missed) so just did deathwing
  • PVP was fun, tol barad battles
  • Talents… I remember the exact moment we lost the old talent trees, logged in after maintenance it was probably pandaria pre patch and remember being so disappointed.

I would play classic cata