Should Selling/Buying AOTC or other Raid/PVP Achievements Be Cheating?

Really if it is not supported it should not be allowed.

1 Like

I can’t understand what the problem is here. It sounds like you guys want a official way to buy AOTC or CE from blizzard instead of guilds on server or X server? I’ve been part of selling AOTC / CE for years now, since HFC in WOD. It doesn’t " Beat the game " for people they are literally just buying the achievement or mount possibly gear. It doesn’t make them any better of a player it doesn’t effect the community they are apart of? They don’t get their kills and go apply to some top end guild. It’s really not hard to tell that someone bought their kills. What it does do, is it adds a level of economy to servers. I know myself and pretty much all our raiders have made tons of gold doing sells and we actually look forward to doing it. Maybe that player just doesn’t have the time to dedicated to gearing up and running raids 3 hours for 2 or 3 days a week. But they have time to work the AH while doing other things? and they want their achievement. Personally have a buyer that buys from me every week that’s been playing since 2005, has the corrupted ash bringer and everything still, just doesn’t have the time to run every week. But does have the time to log in, AFK at the start of a M+ or raid and get his achievements and log off. I don’t understand why people are so crazy on it not being allowed.

I’ve been apart of Perky Pugs both in HFC and ABT and have been apart of giving around literally 1000s of mounts

Should carries be allowed for Real life money? No not at all, In game gold only? Sure 100% or free carries which are given out all the time. Keeps the upper tier players interested and lets the low tier players get their gear / achievements and might even bring some more people who weren’t raiding into the scene and make them better players.

1 Like

I honestly think it should be supported in-game. That way it’s easily track-able by the devs so they can see how many horde alts are selling leaderboard slots alliance-side, and how much gold they’re not worth.

Something tells me the devs don’t have the tools they need to actually monitor population trends. It doesn’t help that most of you play the same faction.

1 Like

Except it would be pretty hard for them to say they do not support this type of transaction, when they change the game to support it.

As most people here seem to support the idea of selling carries, what do you think of Blizzard selling carries as a service?

I think the game should provide the option to buy a carry from Blizzard, with Blizzard providing bots to carry a player or two. At least this way someone buying a carry could participate in the fights and also set a pricing limit for players in game.

No bots.

MMO’s are not single player games. I think any tools that make connecting with other people easier are good, and any tools that remove the need to play with other people are bad.

Why would you even care?

Since it is an approved transaction but not supported. I am saying they should support it to reduce the number of scams in game.

It’s not supported on purpose. Paid carries get into a he said she said scenario. Most scammers are smart enough not to say anything in game, and most people getting scammed are stupid enough to make the agreement over discord or some other 3rd party source.

So as far as Blizzard can prove, you gave them 5 million gold out of the goodness of your heart.
OR on the flip side, the agreement was you’d only pay if you got the piece of gear you wanted which didn’t drop, and you totally didn’t agree to pay for just a run, and the achievement you now have.

How? Considering it’s an MMO with many “points,” there’s no one single point to playing the game.

Some want to collect all mounts. Paying someone gold to help them get a limited time mount isn’t cheating. Their point is collection. So they’re collecting it by paying someone to help them do so.

1 Like

its cheating

1 Like

It is definitely ruining the spirit of the game. Trade / LFG are constant spams of WTS achievements.

Paid carries have always been a thing, but ever since the wow token, it has become a thousand times worse. Big wallets mean endless gold and endless gold means buying into whatever group you want.

Nice skeleton there. I’ve never seen an older thread necro’d before.

I didn’t realize it was a necro until after i posted lol. It was third from the top when I logged into the forum.

1 Like

Looking forward to the day the bosses bite that bitter pill and drop the “allowed” portion.

2 Likes

Old thread, but becoming more and more of a relevant topic as time goes on. Paid Carries need to die. Or at least the public advertising of them, since banning the carries themselves is unenforceable.

really early its a bit weird but late in the cycle it’s fine i guess. lets the solo players get some shinnies for a bit of gold.

everyone’s happy

I mean, I’m not particularly happy that people can just buy the things I’ll spend months working to achieve.

And I don’t think it’s reasonable to run with the “why does it matter what other people do?” mindset in a multiplayer game, especially one based almost entirely on progression over time.