Should just revert all the changes to AV

Let’s revert the Server Cap, change. Make BGs non-Cross Realm and not timed. Release all of Classic, and are the aggro ranges on mobs seem small, to you, or is it just me?

You don’t know what you’re talking about. It was super reliable and created amazing games.

Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about. They stealth patched the ability to queue an in progress game by reshuffling everyone queued for a specific game into the general pool of players. There absolutely was a change without a patch note.

It isn’t. Players are players, and Alliance want to win just as much as Horde… but after just a handful of games it is plain to see that the battleground is tilted against Alliance. How to Win AV - As Alliance - #60 by Ox-heartseeker

What new meta? All Alliance meta require absolute coordination to pull off… in other words it requires premades. Horde strategies all work in their favor which allows for a more individualistic approach to forming strategy in AV. How to Win AV - As Alliance - #60 by Ox-heartseeker

I see you typing, but I’m not sure we’re going to agree on this one Pollz. You’re forming your opinion from a position of advantage, and you have a misguided perception that Horde players are somehow better than Alliance players which is just not the case.

2 Likes

[quote=“Ox-heartseeker, post:17, topic:444373”]
You don’t know what you’re talking about. It was super reliable and created amazing games.[/quote]
Sending in a scout and just hoping you guess a game is going to end in 5ish minutes sounds pretty janky to me. I had never faced a full Alliance premade since the initial fix…nor did the half-premades I did face suddenly stop overnight.

Do you have any proof? Just saying “Nuh uh, the did do it…but its super secret” isn’t a super convincing argument to me. Especially since Blizzard has been pretty explicit so far about document changes…and the reasoning behind those changes.

Of course its debatable. Other regions are not losing nearly as much as the US realms are. And the Alliance in Vanilla were winning the majority of this version of AV. Just saying “Nuh uh, its obvious!” isn’t super convincing to me.

Alliance can and do win without complete organization. But if you’re going into a fight thinking that you’re at a disadvantage…real or not, does have actual consequences in how you play the game.

So now you’re Strawmanning my position before I even type it? I have a very very long post history defending that both Alliance and Horde players are exactly the same. I believe its a player perception problem, I have written a pretty long post about it a while back…but if you’re simply willing to assume my arguments before I even express them, its hard to believe you’re having this conversation in good-faith.

2 Likes

How about a full week where something was working, then patch day rolls around and it stops working for hundreds of people? You’re being willfully ignorant here.

Agreed, mentality doesn’t help here. But that mentality came from a very real map disadvantage.

Edit: You’re right, I was strawmanning. Sorry about that XD

2 Likes

No, it just sounds like a conspiracy theory to me…instead of people realizing that WSG was better honor/hour and doing that instead. Blizzard has shown a precedent of not only documenting changes…but the reason behind those changes. A “super-secret fix” just doesn’t line up with what they have done before or since then.

The map advantages are very much debatable. These forums are proof enough of that. But even if they were completely identical, one side simply believing they were at a disadvantage would cause them to literally lose more.

Here is my post about that.

I respect the strength of character to admit that. Thank you.

And yet it has been observed by the entire AV premade community.

They aren’t. Blizzard changed the map in later phases of the game.

They changed the map AFTER they changed the rules of the map. The Horde cave was only moved south after they put AV onto the respawn-ticket system…and killing Galv/Balinda removed 100 respawn tickets.

I am not saying it didn’t happen. Just that it is very much unlike Blizzard to make a change like that and not document it. And just saying it happened, but its a secret isn’t very convincing to me.

There are observable differences in the queuing mechanism. What used to happen was this:

1. Players queued for a game number that was >5 minutes from ending
  2. When the game would end, all players queued for that game would immediately pop into a new game

Now what happens is this:

1. Players queued for a game number that was >5 minutes from ending
  2. When that game ends, all players are dropped from the game number queue and put back into the general First Available queue and must wait as if they just queued.
1 Like

Its possible they changed it. For the sake of argument lets just say they did. I would argue that the rate that premades abused the Right-Click Report system against pugs would have been enough reason alone to break them.

That level off raw griefing ruined it.

I wish I could right-click report but my damn addons mess it all up. Why do we play this game again? lol

Games are supposed to be fun to play /shrug. I am having fun. Even when fighting the 7min premade losses I made my own fun.

If you’re not having fun in a game, then perhaps its time to do something you do have fun with.

It was a joke. I think we’re similar in that way. My guild things I’m crazy for running this many AVs… maybe I am

every1 knew rank 14 was a grind, nothing more. premades should remain banned indefinitely.

but i do want a fair 50-50 fight none the less. WHICH IS NOT FROM PREMADE VS PREMADE.

The biggest reason to revert AV changes is to fix WSG premade cancer meta. Send them all back to PVE hell plz.

The ratios were even because Alliance were allowed literally cheat. No.

If you can’t win in a fair fight then you don’t get to win. Grow up.

1 Like

It absolutely without a doubt is the case. Not saying this trying to be superior or whatever, it simply is reality. And it’s unfortunate.

Vanilla alliance win rate 50%. Classic alliance (on NA only) win rate 5%.

That is a player problem. You can’t debate it.

Doesn’t really matter who is the “better” player, if only one of them is actually putting effort in and the other is afking.

Your premades were CAUSING those one sided games.

He’s exactly right. You want to leave the source of the problem and instead make Alliance pugs and Horde wait longer for games so Alliance can cheat? Again, NO.

Good for them. I don’t care how bad your games are because half your team doesn’t even try, that doesn’t give you the right to cheat. Honestly Blizzard should have banned entire premades from Alliance side too. Cheating is never ok no matter how you try to justify it.

Alliance love to overlook those facts. Vanilla Alliance with these exact racials on these exact maps won the majority of games. At the same time some Alliance try to blame the map or WOTF, another thread pops up about 15 people afking hiding behind hills to farm HKS without effort. THAT is the real problem but there isn’t an easy fix to that like “let me cheat,” so they try to brush it aside.

Yeap, and until then it was considered fine for YEARS. It only changed once easily killing Balinda gave a 100 respawn advantage. At THAT point having defensive chokes in different stages, “mid versus end,” made a significant difference.

These forums are a tiny fraction of the playerbase and only a tiny fraction of the forums were posting for no changes.

For the thousandth time: the horde cave was moved when captains began to give reinforcement points.