Should I learn to carry (RBGs)

Here are important Add-ons to have:
-BattleGroundEnemies
-Plater
-REPorter

Try this instead:

What BGs are you struggling with most vs most successful with? - Single Q those BGs and learn from your losses.

I can personally say it is possible to learn to carry in regular BGs by knowing how to effectively focus and pressure objectives. Mastering the map helps you recognize where you need to be, where the enemy will be next, and various methods to score objectives. This will help you become a much better Rated RBGer.

You can’t carry in rated, but you can be deadweight if you’re not where you need to be or don’t recognize opportunities when they come.

Just a piece of advice, because I have the same problem with the TA for a course I’m taking, It’s the opposite of helpful to say “Why did you do that?” The "I would have taken Haste/Vers is more helpful and less condecending.

I am now 210 with 28% vers.

I’m not. But you know how the community is. If you’re not top-tier, you’re going to get blamed for losses. In the event that it’s remotely my fault, I like to constantly improve where I can. I know I need to work on my dispels so I’m putting that in my every X seconds check.

To add to what hannhar said, a lot of it is general map awareness. You should be opening your map regularly to see where everyone is. If the enemy team has a rogue you should be trying to target him on BGE to know if he’s in stealth or not. Personally i have gladiatorlosa toggled to announce saps in bgs. Its a bit overkill but i prefer knowing immediately where the rogue is instead of relying on someone to call it out in time

You shouldnt have to target call but getting the experience to recognize a good kill target like someone who has no trinket or defensives left is never a bad thing and sometimes you’ll end up in a pug without a TC and its better to have someone do it than nobody at all. We had a disc priest TC our group at 2400 because we had no melee and no one else wanted to do it

Knowing where you need to be before you get told to go somewhere is immensely helpful and can be the difference between stopping a flag cap or not, but that’ll come after you play a lot of games and experience a lot of different loses and victories

Small things like that can effectively help you carry your team in the sense that you’ll be able to prevent losing objectives that lack of map awareness would have normally cost your team

Yeah, I think that’s the right idea. I try to be fairly map-aware, but I have two associated issues:

1. If I think a DPS should be making an attempt on an unguarded node, and their not, in for example EotS, I’ll go for it. Did that recently, and it was a nice opening for everyone to say “You’re throwing.” Now, do I think, while we’re 300 resources down with a 2 min remaining match, I’m the reason? No, I think I was a scapegoat, but I still shouldn’t do it.

2. If I’m not getting a sense that the team is serious, I start ignoring people. Admittedly, that’s just me blowing off steam but I need to lock it up a bit more. If they’re not peeling for healers, if they make a call and I’m the only one who goes to the node, if it’s unclear where they wanted me (then get mad I’m not in the other spot) I just say “to hell with these people” and heal anyone closest. Admittedly not great behavior, but at least I’m not raging. So I’m working on managing-up a bit more.

Thats fair :stuck_out_tongue: also make sure to network and add people you enjoyed playing with to your btag. Its been said a million times but playing with people you know are competent is just such a game changer. And usually they know someone thats competent. And if more than half the team is competent, then the overall atmosphere is so much more enjoyable and professional. Eventually you’ll have a network large enough to join groups that only need a few people pugged

1 Like

I have to say, I asked a few questions here today and my ilvl went up 1, and my vers went up 7% at lunchtime. So things are really turning around. As for my network, it’s not there quiet yet, but I have a few core folks that seem to like my previous performance.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like