Should I learn to carry (RBGs)

I got as high as something in the 1590s and then fell a lot. I’m mad but I’m on the internet seeing what I can do to improve. When I played MOBAs, the general concept was “If you’re not where you want to be, you need to learn to carry.” I’m wondering if that’s a real possibility in RBGs?

In MOBAs, that meant playing a S-tier meta champ, watching pros, focusing on your macro game, and practicing until your fingers bled. All things I’m willing to do. But is that even possible as a healer in RBGs?

It’s difficult to carry a 10v10 that objective-based

Best way to push is to use voice and only join groups at your CR or higher

There is no such thing. Anyone who says that they carry a 10v10 has serious ego issues. Yes, you can make plays that end up being the difference between your team winning and losing but to even be in that position means that other people on your team were doing their job too.

3 Likes

One of the other things I keep hearing is “You want 25% vers.” I have 21% and I have no idea how to get the remaining 4%. Any ideas?

You have to understand that you are dealing with a huge mass of extremely unimaginative people that only look at numbers. For example, do I really need a crapton of versatility on my balance druid that can protect himself with positioning and mobility in a team fight?

TLDR: Most people are extremely dull people.

To answer your question. Look at the stat weights. Sometimes you can get more versatility on a lower item level piece than a higher item level piece. Also, I think there are some trinkets you can get from WQs, mission table, dungeons, etc that carry versatility as a base stat.

But, again… you might not actually want to play with people that only look at numbers.

1 Like

If by ‘carry’ you mean learn to lead people and promote active discord speech that inspires the people playing with you to perform better? Yes, I believe that’s possible.

If you mean ‘get so good at the game you can pick up 9 player’s slack by outplaying the enemy team?’ No, I don’t think anyone can do that entirely.

It is easy to obtain 25% Vers at 200i , but the difference between 25 and 21% Vers is 2% damage take. Not a huge thing. But yes, your goal should alway be to drive Vers as high as you can get it. I think I am 32 or 33% with full conquest and ring enchants and Maw armor sockets filled with Vers gems.

ok well I’m a 209 ilvl in my PVP gear, so I’m clearly doing something wrong. Any suggestions? I assume it’s “Get more venari gem slots”

I agree tbh, but people have different opinions of what a “carry” is so I just made it neutralish

@ OP - you have a ring with no verse, and no verse on your leggo. There’s a conquest and honor ring both with verse on them

Can I get that without being Conqueror? I’ll check either way, but last I checked there were restrictions on what I could buy due to being bad. Thanks, Blizz.

Your PVE gear has vers but it’s like half or less what it would have if you were using PVP gear in those slots instead.

Do you have Vers in every slot? Do you have Vers ring enchants? Do you have gem sockets? Also, honor gear with Vers is budgeted differently then PvE gear with Vers, might want to look at some conquest pieces to see if there are any easy Vers upgrades.

This is also what I was about to say.

You can get the conquest from doing any rated pvp or the weekly quests

1 Like

also look at the AH there are vers rings at 213 Ilvls for sale there.

1 Like

Wow, I hadn’t realized I was wearing PVE gear…that’s embarrassing.

Solid advice! Thanks! I’ll get my bank alt on the phone asap.

of course, i just bought one for my druid so I could get him high enough ilvl to do raids so I could work on my legendary.

Wait what are the rings called? I need one for this toon

not sure, just go under armor, misc, set the ilvl to 213 and look from there. Sorry was a couple when I looked yesterday and I didn’t look at the name.

1 Like

No worries will do. Thanks!

You have too much mastery …, why did you choose mastery as a stat for your legendary.

Should have taken haste / Vers.

I am same ilevel as you but have 27 percent vers. All combatant gear .

1 Like