Should I buy this RAM? On sale, 4400mhz

Oh I understand…I still want to switch back to Intel myself but none of the intel boards I want fits my dark rock tf cooler (I am adamant about keeping the cooler). The one motherboard that will fit that cooler is from the one brand I don’t want to support.

and to pick up an i7 10700k or one of the i9s I would have to go to Microcenter. MC is also…on my shat list atm. 3-4 hours wait and the store closes for ~3 hours mid day to do “emergency cleaning.”

I do miss the simpler times of plug and play, flick a few settings and go test for stability with my 8700k and 9900k.

2 Likes

Nope. Best buy. At least my best buy has the 10700k, 10850k and 10900k IN STOCK. I had to get my i9 10900k through my work though. I get employee pricing on intel. I wont say an exact price because I cant but it was under 350$. Not by much though.

1 Like

The bestbuy(s) near me does too. Just Microcenter has it cheaper for me by $60 since bestbuy won’t price match even though they were the same price during holiday season…

Still doesn’t give me an answer for my cooler and itx motherboard problem though lol.
Intel isn’t going anywhere or do anything drastic for awhile especially since they are like you said much more stable.

2 Likes

Intel, unfortunately, is slowly starting go with the AMD route. Bleeding edge on Z490 was the most problematic experience I’ve had in a long time. It got fixed eventually after BIOS upgrades but far worse experience than Zen 1, 2 or 3.

1 Like

My Z490 Maximus Hero is the most solid motherboard I have ever used. 0 issues. However the AMD crosshair Hero felt like the R&D version of my Z490

1 Like

The Z490 issues are pretty stable at this point. I got the 1st iteration of the Z490 and the the 1st BIOS update was to enable PCIe video, 2nd was to enable boosting for your CPU. I’ve had multiple memory sticks that worked fine on AM4 and older Intel boards but would have issues on Z490.

The teething issues are fixed on Z490. AMD’s mobos take a ton more work and some of their issues linger for months before they get fixed.

1 Like

I just bought the Intel I9 10900K and ROG Maximus XII Extreme. Was Over $800 for the board but got it new for $756 through amazon.

My Daughter is going to get a hand me down I7 8700K and ROG Maximus X code board since her I5 3570 isn’t cutting it anymore .

1 Like