Should I be good to play on this laptop for a good while?

Hey, I’m looking into replacing my personal laptop (she’s nearly dead). I already dealt with the problem a few years back when the game spontaneously quit working on MacOS. So, I was dual booting windows to play wow on my old MacBook Air. Planning on just going windows this time, but there’s obviously way more options.

Should I be fine on this one? Otherwise any suggestions?

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 5 Business Laptop, 14" FHD+ Display, AMD Ryzen 7 7730U (beat i7-1255U), 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, FP Reader, Backlit Keyboard, HDMI, RJ45, Wi-Fi 6, Windows 11 Pro, Black
(Sorry, no links allowed)

It will “run” wow but not great. I did find an older model of that CPU running wow on youtube:
https://youtu.be/4AtkmiC4hXY?si=B33Go2E5ydhlF9_T

So yours would run it a bit better for sure with the better CPU and higher ram. Not maxed out or anything. But could probably get it playable at 60 fps for sure. The issue with lower end hardware and online games is that once you get into groups/raids and there is all sorts of spell effects and animations, the on board graphics just can not handle it at all and it will grind to a halt. There are settings in wow though now to turn down spell effects from other players so you almost cant even see them. So yes, I would say you would be fine if you are not looking to max out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.