Should essences be removed in 8.3?

Raiding requires different and often much more effort. You always finish your dungeons, the 3 weeks we did of prog on Mythic Azshara only produced 1 kill, even with multiple hours of wipes.

How do you define effort ?

Oh I get that, I do… it’s not a great design, but there’s always been some form of this through the xpacs for alts and such.
I’d prefer things worked more like in Wrath, but here we are… Just have to make the best of it.

Yea thats the plan. I took a huge break from alt grinds in 8.2 because of essences. I have already committed to my guild that I will return in full force for 8.3. I am just hoping they make the grind for essences more alt friendly. They gave a few things but alot of others are still insane to me. Like the 30,000 HKs needed for the pvp essence.

So is gear. We should give new and returning players gear equal to the last mythic tier ilvl.

Yeah that would definitely be one I’d say should be account bound once unlocked, or some of the mythic/raid drop ones.
But the basic ones, meh, they’re pretty easy.
I hope they do it too, I just don’t want people to get their hopes up lol

Yea. In the meantime heres the post I made that summarized the changes I found.

They should remove them in 8.0. Is it too late for that?

You haven’t raided at all in BFA so why all of a sudden is this an issue

I can’t see how you couldn’t be fully geared for mythic raids by chain running mythic +

My dude… its 30,000 honor…

There have been many events, like 12 events that have made that grind straight forward. I got in 2 nights during the WSG Brawl. Yolo queuing with a couple guildies and memeing in discord. Was a fun night.

There is catchup. They’ve reduced the grind. Free is not the answer in an mmo.

m+ drops 430 ilvl gear with a chance for it to warforge.
If you chain run it, you’ll have 430 ilvl at base, which is enough to run mythic raids.

Was a typo meant can’t see how you couldn’t be*

Doing it once is not the issue. Doing it for every alt is the issue. You can consider it nothing the same way that I can consider it alot.

That is the point. Players won’t ever agree. But character progression and power has never really been account bound before. It’s a slippery slope to start it now.

My un-popular opinion? I hate leveling. I’ve leveled once, and by your logic why shouldn’t I get to make as many lvl 120’s as I want? With 440+ gear like my main. I’d like it. I’d play alts more.

But I also know that some paths shouldn’t be taken.

I would be down with that leveling sucks.

Power to the players.

1 Like

we love account wide essences

even better if its just given to everybody, that seems a step too far though

1 Like

They don’t need to be removed, but time to acquire should certainly be nerfed.

Essences fill some holes that specs have this expansion, so they still need to be kept around.

1 Like

Not exactly the same logic. Leveling and end game power progression are entirely different. What I am saying is that the 8.2 end game attunement like mechanics need to be better designed to not pigeonhole people to doing the least inspired and iterated content from bfa. People should have the choice of getting these essences from various sources not just X content like all other gear and AP. There should be an account wide buff that lets people get these things a bit faster.

2 Likes

But they are straight nerfing the requirements for most of the grindy ones…

And they are buffing a lot of the under performing ones to parity. For example, bote, iris and pp are the stronger aoe options. Bote and iris are already competitive and pp will be with buffs. 3 options for which aoe essence you prefer. Do mech, pvp, or keys. Get a comparable reward.

That is the way it should be.

Give people all rank 3 essences on a fresh 120 and it will still take month’s to clear 20s. This garbage content is unnecessary to do for 3rd, 4th, or 5th and beyond.

However for an annyoying blizzard bootlicking troll such as yourself its seems to really work for you. Congrats youre the % of the % self proclained masochist that can go fly a kite. If you want to grind so much you can build a toon and delete it over again.