SHOGUN on FX

Anyone going to watch? I’m excited. :smile:

I really like Hiroyuki Sanada, and I’m sure to discover some new favorite Japanese actors. (I think I have the book lying around somewhere but didn’t get too far into it, so I don’t know the story, also a bonus IMO.)

2 Likes

I’m super excited to watch this tonight. I’ve been waiting for it since the first trailer dropped.

2 Likes

Meh, I remember a year ago buying the book on a whim, only to read that one of the reviews in the book said it was a depthful tale of drama, sex and what not, and I ended up selling it.
It may be bizarre to toss it aside so easily, but anything gratified specifically for sex is something I won’t like. I hate sex scenes, eugh!

2 Likes

Watched 1st episode, enjoyed it. I like how the viewer feels the culture shock along with the main European character (Blackthorne).

I love well crafted historical epics. What do you think so far if you’re watching?

2 Likes

I started watching it, but it turned into a book so I stopped. Other than that it looks great.

1 Like

Watched first 2 episodes. Its epic!

1 Like

I haven’t watched it, but it seems to be an oriental version of Game of Thrones, which I think makes it awesome.

1 Like

I don’t understand. But that’s OK. I’m watching because it isn’t a book, which I plan to read very slowly ‘later’. lol

2 Likes