Hoist the Sails, a Plunderstorm Has Arrived!

“fortnite this fortnite that” - what kind of brain dead argument even is this? Wow used to be the best at taking good aspects of other games and implementing them into their own vision - this could be a really good thing - even though you say you are a PvP player based on the tone of your posts you don’t like this exact iteration - brother ill take any iteration of PvP content we can get our hands on, we can’t exactly be too picky when we never get new content anyways

Ummm who asked for this?

4 Likes

Honestly, sounds fun.

Big open world pvp event. Could be trouble, could be a blast.

I’m looking forward to checking it out with my buddies when I get home.

2 Likes

I wonder if everyone just quickly kills each other and dies rapidly, if you can farm the event faster.

1 Like

Blizzard you are reported for lack of creativity

4 Likes

Thank you guys for cooking up something new and fun for everyone. At first glance it looks like tons of fun, even if there are a few things I may have done differently. Never the less I’ll definitely try it!

This event draws PvP into the eye which is something some of us have been trying to do for a long time. This link is from our Community Council

It highlights the critical need for TLC the current state of PvP is in. Please consider looking into this matter and making some long needed adjustments to WoW PvP, especially now that this New Event is likely to bring in some new players interested in testing out real PvP, we don’t want them taking one look and running the other way. Thank you for your consideration.

4 Likes

Cool. I am genuinely happy for you. But to each their own and if people DON’T like this, why does it bother you?

4 Likes

One way to find out :3

Alright, I usually don’t say this but I don’t think I can take much more of this! I get you want new players, but you don’t give those who’ve been around a while ANYTHING! It sucks, it sucks!
Oh, what does it matter! I prepurchased next expansion anyway like an idiot, hoping for something better, when I’m probably going to be served small incoherent big patches, smaller Mini-Patches with more junk like this, connected to nothing else, and maybe two raids. Then we’ll get another expansion by 2025 unveiling it’s trailers and zones, and since it has technically been two years, summer 2026 NEW EXPANSION with even less!
AT THIS POINT JUST GO AHEAD and make the stupid 100 dollar bundle or something 300 even to just buy all the expansions or something! You’re giving us so little!
SO LITTLE! Ah what does it matter… Well I guess it does matter to me… It’s why I keep playing this game, hoping for better when I know, there isn’t anything else.
People really thing Metzen coming back means anything ? They just know for some reason people love him, this means nothing!
I just can’t believe I prepared my character and everything last night for nothing! Can you at least start trial of style a day early, give me a new reskin outfit to freaking choke my sorrows on and to shut me up for another day?

6 Likes

People not liking it/being let down is one thing and valid, being taking out their upset on misplaced others and being a jerk is a whole other.

3 Likes

It’s the entire game not an element of it. All Battle Royale games are “different” but at the core they are the same. WoW is about building over time. This is about temporary and starting from nothing. I don’t see many people liking this at all.

It’s like your favorite band switching genres. Yea you might listen to Pop sometimes but from THAT BAND, you really want that pop punk. WoW doesn’t need to be everything to everyone.

4 Likes

Not well received by some.

New player experience has always been flawed in this game. Quite difficult to get the attention since people couldn’t quite grasp what they’re signing for. So this might actually help with that.

Blizzard themselves have already said this is battle royale. Can you name what the top battle royale game is right now?

… It’s fortnite.

4 Likes

Big open world battle royal? What’s not creative about that?

I agree with Meirneth. It’s not so much that the dev team that was assigned this but it is probably Microsoft that is pushing for this. Like Activision, its a different ecosystem with different ideals and promo marketing. I’m sure the people who put the time into this tried to make it as unique as they were allowed (tho Arathi Highlands would have been my last choice for location). I’m willing to try it to see if its even interesting enough to play. Out of all of the forums, PVP and M+ folks are the ones who complain the most so I can see WHY this is probably some kind of segway for the bigger picture for the PVP community. I hope it works the way they wanted it to (not holding breath) but I have real concerns on how Blizzard has fallen VERY far from their original gaming style used to be.

4 Likes

Mog

(post deleted by author)

Yeah Nah. Hope someone enjoys it but copying other games to try and make this game better seems like minimal effort.

2 Likes

The thing is that people critical of this update aren’t attacking anything but the content with a few exceptions.

The people defending it are primarily attacking the character of the people being critical.

Hope that helps.

6 Likes

I love PvP. I’m rolling with full gladiator gear, and it accounts for a large portion of my gameplay. That said, if I wanted to play Fortnight, I would play that. I don’t want devs to work on creating gameplay that breaks the WOW rules or doesn’t feel like WOW or how you normally play.

I’m concerned that the new generation of developers (the two in the vid are definitely that) don’t understand that the complex gameplay of multiple abilities and buttons/actions is what makes WOW fun (for me at least). I’d play console or phone games if I wanted simplicity.

But hey, that’s just me.

6 Likes