Shiny Charms will be Converted to Polished Pet Charms in 10.2.5

I’ll add it to my list of things to check on the PTR the next time I’m there ^^

2 Likes

I get way more from the BFA and Shadowlands tables, personally. I didn’t play or invest time into Legion stuff though. Do the Legion table missions give more if the adventurers are leveled up compared to other xpacs tables?

This will certain bring added value to doing the Draenor circuit, for instance, if the tamers start giving Polished instead of Shiny.

1 Like

The amount remains unchanged and very little, but yes. It will add a little value ^^
It’d be even better if they made it per character instead of account-based.

1 Like

Still, it will be nice for those in Legion who are using the Zookeeper enchantment.

This would be perfect if they’d also move Polished Pet Charms to the Currency tab. They’ve been with us for several xpacs now, are they really not evergreen enough to take them out of our bags?

2 Likes

I might have said it’s because they’re account-bound, but we know that’s possible because of Trader’s Tender. However, I don’t know if that’s only possible because of the limited Trading Post vendors, and so on.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I’d expect them to do it now, what with Account-Wide Everything aka Warbands it should finally be technically possible.

2 Likes

But the achievements to earn Trader’s Tender are also account-wide. If I win three battlegrounds on my Druid, I can win two more with my hunter and win the Trader’s Tender for completing the win five battlegrounds achievement. I wouldn’t want the pet battles to be done the same way, where every pet battle is account-wide. So I can’t go back and do the same battle for the same reward with an alt.

3 Likes

I’d be surprised if lockouts (whether we’re talking raids, rares, or pet battles) will go account-wide with Warbands, but we should be able to have access to currency awards across all characters without having to keep them in our bags or mail them back and forth.

2 Likes

I think I burned all mine buying the upgrade/leveling stones way back when. . . . I still have tons of them lol.

1 Like

You were one of the lucky ones that heard about the change coming and did the trade in …but 100’s of players didn’t hear about the change till it was too late…as for leveling stones and upgrade blue stones I still have tons too…

1 Like

Is there anyway to get Shiny Pet Charms? Didn’t know about this, and was gonna get some companions from that shop in Daralan.

1 Like

Sure.

The Draenor dailies and Garrison battles reward them, and about half ofthe Legion daily World Quests.

Also Legion Mission Tables.

Reading Wowhead comments, the Zookeeper enchant works only for characters below 60, though I can’t confirm that personally. https://www.wowhead.com/item=144346/boon-of-the-zookeeper#comments

3 Likes

does this mean draenor dailies will reward Polished charms now?
I might actually do some of them for a change.

1 Like

Yep! One of the images is of Ashlei rewarding Polished Pet Charms ^^

4 Likes

Hopefully more than the two a day Shiny Charms, account wide, you get from her now.

2 Likes

This is actually pretty beautiful; unifying the currency. Actually being a hoarder of these for ages, it’s nice to see this. I’m certain I’m one of the lucky ones to have some to convert. There were plenty of times I considered burning all of them either on upgrade stones or just to be tossed out in favor of bag space. But having kept a few this will be a pretty nice bonus

3 Likes

I only ever level a pet to 23 and let the MOUNTAIN of level-stones I have do the rest.

Even doing that, I have hundreds of each kind.

Yep me too …100’s of each type …but I am glad the pet charms will stack higher now with this next patch…I went into Shadowlands I have over 66,000 of them…