Shatter the Ice: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Now Live!

Shatter the Ice: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Now Live!

Explore bone-chilling lands, storm Icecrown Citadel, and halt the Lich King’s baleful efforts once more in this rerelease of the 2008 expansion.

View Full Article

9 Likes

Meh. Just doing it for the mount.

18 Likes

It is a rather nice mount. I’ve kinda poked around with Wrath but man I am so spoiled by all the QoL stuff retail has. I think I mostly miss xmog and being able to queue for dungeon groups. No way I have the time or patience to stand around in a city spamming a chat channel anymore.

4 Likes

Should make this post standing out side Blizzard HQ, i mean social interaction and all

3 Likes

Sounds cool.

2 Likes

Would be super nice to have LFD for the launch. Plz

12 Likes

Will this be like TBC launch where the servers were online and “playable” until the launch and then the transport appears to take you to Northrend?

Favorite expansion so far, can’t wait to give it another run.

1 Like

Would be nice to have the random dungeon finder included with the Wrath launch.

6 Likes

I will not be playing Wrath, because I can’t get on the server.
:sob:

1 Like

Or, at the latest, with ICC.

1 Like

Does this mean no maintenance the next day like you guys did with cataclysm release?

Would be really nice if Blizzard Devs decided to listen to their player base about LFG. Biggest expansion they have ever had and they want to piss it away by not doing the one thing the community wants.

3 Likes

they already added the bg arena Que and its almost the same as RDF so no clue why ppl complain so much about RDF it was just a helpful tool to help lvl toons and alts

Here’s a compromise - dungeon finder for pre-wotlk dungeons only and players are matched within the same server. For current wotlk dungeons, players should find a guild and build a community around running dungeons for group content.

If players want an easy solo experience with auto-queues, continue to build those “quality of life” systems in retail where you can pretty much play without needing a guild or doing any social interaction for anything anymore. Keep guilds relevant and being social an important part of the game for the classic versions of the game.

Despite the very vocal minority here, most of the classic players do not want the retail “quality of life” systems that retail has. We’re happy with traversing the world with our friends to get where we need to go. The world is a big part of the game in fact. Those lobby game features are what killed social communities and the game’s world immersion which is why no one plays retail anymore. That and the many, MANY systems and new zones every two years. I would love to see classic spawn off into its own thing and just keep us in Azeroth and continue to develop the existing zones with interesting stories versus building all these new zones that no one goes to after the expansion ends.

1 Like

DKs. DKs everywhere.

2 Likes

Man the servers are going to be on fire when this goes live can’t wait to relive the old wrath days. Ulduar I’m looking at you.

1 Like

WOTLK classic + sort of like FF7 remake? Make Arthas live this time? Arthas stops the cataclysm… so many possibilities? New WoW with classic gameplay alternative timeline?

1 Like

This is classic + Mastery refried, reforged, seasoned bull****

You had an easy win here, how does one mess that up…

Oh wait, it’s blizzard.

2 Likes

Cool post. If only I didn’t need to wait 3 hours to log into my server. Thanks.

1 Like