Just for fun! Do you guys have a fun wishlist for your Priest (of any spec) that you’d like to share?
Here is MY Shadow Priest PvE wish-list for polishing before DF launch (can be as realistic or UNrealistic as you please!):
- (mandatory/non-negotiable - must fix our AoE - give us mass/burst AoE option, and fix our cleave so we have reliable way to quickly spread dots - lower shadow crash cd and increase the target cap?
- Keep Mind Games - I like the unique flavor and hybridity of doing some solid damage, non-rotational, and has some survival value.
- Add a way to cancel Dominate Mind early (EDIT: There IS a way, sorry to confuse all. I realized the npc you dominate becomes a pet frame on your UI and you can right click and cilck “dismiss” - sorry for the confusion!)
- Add Door of Shadows as choice node with Angelic Feather
- update Vampiric Embrace so it doesn’t rely solely on the shadow priest doing single target damage to get full value, change it to something that makes us more valuable to m+ groups.
- take Vampiric Embrace off the gcd
- change Shadow Crash to mob-targeted ability instead of ground reticule targeting.
- Let void tendrils be cast at range (even mid-range) and maybe increase cap to 6-7.
- Remove Halo (might be controversial here - but I see it as destined to damage shadow priest reputations everywhere in m+ group finder because some hooligans will be using it carelessly and pulling extra mobs).
- Make Idol capstone spells more interactive with our kit (instead of just select the talent and then forget about them - this, in addition to buffing/fixing the bugs with them)
- consider adding our sepulcher tier 2 and 4 set bonuses into the talent tree - maybe even as replacement for one of the current capstones. Or at least use the same principal to redesign Idols (principle = visually striking/appealing, powerful, interactive, even if in a minor way, with our rotation).
- Keep Shadow Mend, or at least keep the functionality of the choice node below it - Masochism and Depth of the Shadow are great utility for us and offer good choice in different scenarios.
- buff Angelic Bulwark and/or make it work with the hit that actually brought you below 30% hp
- Make the utility nodes in the top of the shadow tree easier to take without forfeiting so much throughput.
- If we died in Shadowform, let us rez or brez by default in Shadowform so we don’t have to waste a gcd immediately getting back into Shadowform.
- Finally (phew) - Add some talent that makes shadow priest feel dangerous and hectic - something Surrendery to Madnessey even if it’s not the actual surrender to madness ability.