Share your PC builds

i have never had an “Ultimate” build before, so i decided to go all out. i did build it over time, starting off with the mobo, ram and cpu, adding things along the way and it got me to where i wanted to be.

i remember the days of “graphics accelerators”, and having 2 12mb Voodoo2’s with a Riva TNT2 card with 32mb ram on it… yeah!

1 Like

Cool but what was in the Jack’s Munchie Meal?

1 Like

Omg I remember I had that in my 1998 Dell XPS.

1 Like

Oh please do, my bro just killed his computer (not totally) by opening too many browsers. Like 60 is that a memory problem? I’m not good at computers.

Yeah, you need a lot of RAM if you gonna open a lot of browser window or tab.

for me when I use to do it back in the 600 series days, the games i typically played (mostly first person shooters at the time) worked well.

I even dabbled around with SLI during beta of Shadowlands with two 3070s since they had added DX12U support and that included explicit multi-gpu support: https://i.imgur.com/sF35HdX.jpg

It worked! my fps shot up from ~70fps with a single 3070 to ~120 with two.

I did a post talking about it here: Explicit Multi-GPU Support added to Shadowlands!

unfortunately Blizzard shattered the dream of sli for the retail launch, as blizzard didn’t carry over support for it into the final launch :\ however by then I didn’t care too much as I had acquired a 3090, so no need for two gpus anymore.

How much ? I don’t want to hear him saying “Oh — what did i do?” and other words i can’t type here .

16GB is standard, but really 32 this day is very affordable. Depending on how old the PC is though not sure if he needs DDR3 or DDR4

More is better. 8GB X2? 16GB X2?

Well,he’s upgrading (hopefully) soon so maybe it should be both . Mines fine as is,but bro.I don’t understand his methods,He should’ve been in research :rofl:

Thanks for the help :+1:

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/home-desktops/product-details/37933900

Got it when the one I built 5 years ago died recently. Didn’t have the funds to build a new one because of covid putting a finacial strain on things plus add in the holidays and buying a car late last summer.

1 Like

16gb 3000mhz corsair vengeance
gigabyte z370m aorus
GTX 1070ti that i plan to replace with a 3080 as soon as the prices normalize, if they ever normalize.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/pL7xZpo.jpg

Intel 7820x
ASUS x299 Deluxe
64GB trident Z RAM
1080TI
Samsung 960 pro - 512GB
Samsung 960 pro - 1TB
Seagate barracuda pro - 4TB
1000 watt titanium power supply seasonic
420mm radiator
280mm radiator

1 Like

I7-4790
GTX 960
16GB Ram

Usually play on 5 graphic level in game.

1 Like
  • CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • RAM - 32.0GB: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200
  • Motherboard - MSI B450-A PRO MAX
  • Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (Gigabyte)
  • Main Drive - 500GB Western Digital M.2-SSD
  • Program Drive - 1TB Western Digital SSD
  • Storage Drive - 3TB Western Digital SATA & 4TB Seagate SATA
  • Optical Drives - LG DVD-R Drive (Detachable)
  • Audio - NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
2 Likes

As someone with 32gb of ram in their system, imho it was the most useless upgrade I was ever talked into. Literally no games I play or multi-tasking things I do ever require more than 16gb of ram. was just $200 down the drain for me :stuck_out_tongue:

So unless you find a deal or are buying cheap ram, I’d stick with 16gb and use the money saved to upgrade something else that would be worthwhile and offer an immediate and noticeable performance increase (i.e. buy a 1TB samsung 970 evo plus or 980 pro m.2 nvme drive)

1 Like

Saracha Curly Fry Burger, 1/2 normal 1/2 curly fries, 2 tacos. It’s what I always get if I head to JITB late night or very early morning.

holy crap that sounds amazing

1 Like

I just bought and got a RTX 3090 Rog oc white edition!!, you need to be on the ball they Insta sell right away!

Cost me an arm and a leg $3499 AUD, but god Cyberpunk maxed out ray tracing on no lag was worth it.

I do agree that 16Gb is more than enough for most games these days. The only reason I went 32Gb is that I also do video editing and processing work, so the extra RAM allows me to do that much faster than 16Gb would. Hell, I’m planning on going to 64Gb of RAM eventually just so I can max this thing out… Then I’ll be upgrading the processor, and one day the GPU (As soon as 3090s stop being made out of the rarest available materials and scalpers stop buying them)