Shards of Domination Tuning Incoming

Did this change go live yet? Is it still planned to go live? This was posted a week ago and there hasn’t been a hotfix announcement about this. It’s a little weird for mythic progression to start in ~15 hours and so much of this progression system to still be TBD.

3 Likes

the system wouldn’t have been bad except for the fact that you can only socket the shards into the domination sockets, causing people to feel forced to do high level raiding to do high level mythic plus.

Trinkets can be a bad enough deal but at least there are options outside raid.

He also said it won’t be who you think its in regards to who burned down Teldressil as well as saying if there is a need for it there is a ripcord in place and we can pull it if we have to during an interview with Preach .

It has gotten to the point of how can you tell if Ion is lying ? His lips are moving.

3 Likes

Or hype up the MDI or Arena tourney hype trains

1 Like

Liar.

10char

3 Likes

I think this system would have been way better had you chosen to let us decide which gear gets the socket by using the SHARD ITSELF instead of having 2 shards drop with 0 domination gear.

1 Like

Translation:

We know this sucks, please don’t leave for FF, we’re trying to fix it.

1 Like

Is it bad if I have no idea how these systems work or even what the blue is talking about?

1 Like

Do you raid?

I will this weekend probably

Once you’ve done a clear of Normal or whatever, it’ll be pretty obvious how this stuff works because the gear itself explains how it works.

More systems I guess to learn

1 Like

How about removing the shards - this is the dumbest thing ever. Another system to juggle…have you all not learned your lesson?

1 Like

Thank you for this but could you please un-nerf my affliction lock?

Thank you

:cookie:

I would say “oh cool”. however I already know how youre going to do it.

Let me guess, you’re going to nerf the existing shard bonuses and then people will be forced to farm currency in order to upgrade them to the point they were already at?

Some would call it a prophecy but I just call it bad design.

2 Likes

Or having the gear with no domination gems. If only there was some way that some type of currency could drop in which you could use to purchase the things you need!

1 Like

I am becoming more and more confused. I thought Ion said that there would only be the systems in the expansion that existed at the start? Yet now we have these Shards things. Its not likely I will ever get the use of them since I dont raid but, well, isn’t this a new power system? And wasnt it not available at launch?

2 Likes

I dont understand this system. I had enough rep to buy gloves with a domination socket.
Tuesday i got a shard. so i used it. it was a lousy 30 speed. Was it a mistake to use it?
We’ll see how it goes as the raid progresses. Maybe it will make more sense when i get a piece of gear that actually gives a bonus.

Its all about the set bonus for the type of shards you are using.

You get three unholy shards for Chaos Bane.

Instant
Approximately 8 procs per minute

While inside the Maw or Torghast, your spells and abilities have a chance to drain a Soul Fragment from your target, granting you 10 Primary stat for 30 sec and stacking up to 15 times.

When you reach 15 stacks, unleash Chaos Bane, dealing 1500 Shadow damage split between nearby enemies and granting you 300 Primary stat for 15 sec.

People getting mad about them adjusting things swiftly. :rofl: