Sharding alternatives

Wasn’t what I asked. I asked if you go into every thread and asked if they did. You know even the topics that aren’t “spammed”.

Because if you don’t, expecting anyone to, just because it’s a spammed topic is selectively caring abut the rules.

I can hardly be expected to cover every thread myself.
Sorry not sorry.
Its really friggen simple to follow the rules but i guess you can just say who cares huh?

In that case why not just remove the report feature period? After all screw the rules right?

Okay, do you go into any of the “non-spam” topics and ask if they searched for the topic before making a new thread?

Don’t complain about people not following the rules, when you don’t know that anyone is technically following the rules.

If you don’t want all these threads to exist, why do you keep posting in them? You almost single-handedly keep all these “spam” threads alive.

Selective enforcement. Got it. Don’t worry i understand that a concept of equal enforcement is hard for you to understand.

I understand that you apologize for people breaking rules. Don’t worry.
Since you have no problem with that you should petition ro blizzard to get everyone who has ever been banned for trolling have those actions taken against them rescinded.

Even if they did consume that BFA content that quickly, that single day would be enough time for many to have progressed beyond those “starting areas” and be ahead of that “retailer secondary rush”, would it not?

1 Like

There is this form of argument where you keep restarting the argument until the opposition gives up. I refuse for blizzard to think we support things we don’t just because we give up trying to respond.

Really? You’re the one complaining about some people not following the rules but not making sure the people you aren’t complaining about are following the rules. You’re the one trying to selectively enforce the rules.

Not apologizing for anyone. Calling you out on your BS because you think it’s okay to complain about some people but not making sure other people are following the rules.

Oh I agree it would I was just making a joke. I still don’t see that it would make a big enough impact IMO. Like you said it’s worth trying, but I don’t see it happening. Absolute worst case scenario we get sharding in the starting areas :man_shrugging: NBD imo

I don’t bloody have the time, nor do i get paid to police the forums.

That’s blizzards job. The fact that you condone selective enforcement speaks volumes about yourself

You certainly act like a groupie, however.

Good, because I did not see it as a troll, nor reported it as such.

It is spam, regardless of whether you personally agree with the definition. Fairly certain that blizzard views it as spam as well.

We are not talking about a face to face discussion in a room that ended 5 minutes ago. We are talking about the chronic creation of alts to knowingly create a bloated number of threads for topics that already have several existing discussions happening on the subject.

But your white knighting of the bad actors is duly noted, and comes as no surprise.

I would rather see Blizzard make every effort to reduce or eliminate the need for sharding than see them just go right to sharding.

1 Like

You’re the one trying to selectively enforce the rules.

If they viewed it as spam, why are all these “spam” threads not deleted then? Pretty sure you’re making an assumption.

You have no proof of this, so you’re making an assumption in bad faith.

Yes, I already know you don’t like being called out for being a jerk.

Johnny Retailer tends to care more about getting both without a care of how it affects the secondary game.

I don’t want to butt in here, but i do have a question. To those who report every sharding topic as spam / Trolling, do you do the same for those nice hearted topics of “Hey guys, what class X race are you going to roll” Even though there’s a TON of them? Yes that poster could do a quick search to find one and just post in there but they don’t. And i’ve yet to see one of those get 404.

No. I’m not. I would have no problem with every repeat thread being enforced the same. I do not get paid to police the forums. But for you to sit there and say we do not get spammed with repeat threads is about several topics, of which sharding is a huge offender is a lie. I called you on that lie.

I don’t consider 11 threads in a week spam. Like seriously… 11 out of the likely several hundred if not 1000+ threads? Boo hoo. 1st world problems at their finest.

Spam according to blizzard is repeat threads of any subject in active discussion.
Ergo. 11 threads about sharding is spam.

Yeah, even one day would be HUGE. Not only to disperse the populations, but to give Blizzard time enough to determine if they need more servers or not. And if they added servers after that point, they would be (by nature of who would be filling them up) likely to fizzle out when those late comers go back to BFA.

Something else that would help and has been mentioned here and there: Open Beta.
It would work toward getting the “gee, what’s this free thing blizzard just added to my account” out of tourists systems.

Not sure if serious. You must be new here (you’re not) if you are going to ask that in sincerity.

What you think of me means nothing, can you dig it?

For the record, both the Sade thread and the Shatner thread were deleted as spam. I guess lighthearted mocking threads are forbidden, but the actual spam ones fly under the radar.