Shard / Server Lag on Khaz'Goroth (Oceanic)

Hi, there is significant server-lag (not to be confused with latency! - 16ms) affecting the realm Khaz’goroth (Oceanic) in areas such as Ardenweald and Maldraxxis. Lots of people from various parts of Australia, with varying ISP’s are experiencing this, so it is not specific to my computer or ISP.

It is causing delays in casting abilities, interrupting and looting. Other areas, such as The Maw, Torghast and Instances/dungeons are unaffected. I suspect there are inadequate shards/server resources allocated to the aforementioned areas on Khaz’goroth.

This is making it very hard to love Shadowlands. Please either address any problems or allocate more server resources to ensure an enjoyable player experience. Thanks very much.

9 Likes

Completely agree! I have seen many complaining about server latency.

I have re-logged in an attempt to be out onto a different shard without much change in delays.

I didn’t experience the issue whilst questing in Bastion and I had limited problems in Maldraxxas. I moved onto Ardenweald this morning after completing Mald and it was basically unplayable for the loot and spell lag.

Please review server side what might be causing issues and resolve when you can.

It is frustrating to play in this state.

Cheers

agree , its fairly frustrating waiting 3 sec to loot any mobs etc

1 Like

Every OCE realm is lagging their eyes out with huge input latency on everything, although all latency indications in the game are fine.

3 Likes

It’s quite challenging - I just bought a Sky Golem to help with herbing, and I’m getting the skill up but not the herbs unless I stop and wait for a few seconds. It’s cost me at least a couple of deaths today too. All of Maldraxxas was awful (Bastion has been fine last few days).
Latency is apparently magically fine at 16-17 …

1 Like

Same issues on Frostmourne, constantly getting disconnected from the world server and can’t do anything.

1 Like

This is happening on all Oceanic realms, Im getting it badly on Cael/Nagrand as well. I guess it’s back to the early days of BfA and Oceanic having to suffer through this dreadful state of play for months.

Shadowlands is going to be SO much fun…another coin goes into the Sarcasm Jar

And for this, we are asked to pay more for our subscription.

1 Like

This the service we’re getting for our 25+% hike in subscription cost? Nice.

2 Likes

And the lag is back in Ardenweald again today. This is very sucky.

1 Like

Maybe they’ll pay attention to this thread, given how much they ignore the other massive one. >.<

Ardenweald still feels gross to play in, several days and breaks later. C’mon Blizz, we’re really not asking much.

1 Like

Totally agree,
The lag in areas other than bastion and oribos is atrocious - I did find that warmode on does provide slight relief but this isnt a viable option for everyone…

1 Like

Yep! Same thing here! Constant lag on Khaz’Goroth. Game is almost unplayable!

1 Like

I seen the other thread that I think you’re talking about. I started this one because the other thread was created in 2018 and only had a couple of posts since Shadowlands launch. If there is another thread besides that one, I missed it.

1 Like

Oh, I’m not saying your post is wrong by any means! I was mostly just bitter at Blizzard hahaha.

2 Likes

Another restart, constant disconnects and server lock-ups still happening. This is just ridiculous.

1 Like

Frostmourne Server Lagging but not MS issue, getting logged out and then character already exists errors. Cant log back in… numerous guildies having same issue.

1 Like

Come on Blizzard, this is ridiculous! Middle of a workday and lag in Ardenweald. We’re paying for this. You recently joined Aman’thul to Khaz’goroth and now it’s very clearly strained. Split the damn servers up again if you can’t handle the load. Very unimpressed.

1 Like

Hello, Seem to be having some lag in the game tonight. It isn’t latency related as I am at 55ms. I know there are more people about but this is wrecking a great expansion.

Please fix.

<3

Over a month in and we still have lag on some shards for each of the zone. Yeah, this is getting ridiculous now.

I know its easy to forget for large corporates, but remember people are paying you for the game plus a monthly subscription fee.

The wait it out till people get frustrated enough to quit or log off doesn’t solve your server resource issues.

Please fix or you may find yourselves with less subscribers again.