Shamans with Pets?

An idea I came up with while I was playing as my second main, Orc Shaman (I kind miss that class, as I’m busy playing as my first main, Worgen Hunter). However, I was wondering what are your thoughts about a Shaman having Pets similar to that of the Warlocks. Let me explain:

Shaman have of course Elemental (Fire, Earth, and Storm) and you have your Feral Spirits.

Feral Spirits - 15 secs (1.5 min approx cooldown)
Elements (Fire, Storm, and Earth) - 1 min (5 min approx cooldown)
timing have changed so much I lost track so please correct me if I am wrong

**PROS:**

Now, the implementation of a Pet system, each race would have their specified animal with equal abilities to what you would see with Warlock, Hunter Pets; Bite, Scratch, Charge, Growl, etc. Current list is as follow:

*Alliance:*
  • Dwarfs – Bear

• Draenai – Stag

• Dark Iron Dwarf – Blaze Hound

• Kul Tiran – Crab or Croc

*Horde:*

• Orc – Wolf

• Tauren – Kodo

• Troll – Raptor

• Goblin – Mechanical Dog

• Mag’Har Orc – Greater Boar

• HM Tauren – Moose or Eagle

• Zandalari Troll – Ravasaur

• Vulpera – Hyena or Snake

*Neutral:*

• Pandaren – Turtles

*Customizations:*

Each of the pets would consists of 5 color variations:

• Blue = Water
  • Red = Fire
  • Brown = Earth
  • White = Air
  • Green = Life (yeah, I added another element to the book)

With these colors they will be straight forward when you got to the barber shop. However, there would be 1 special design as the 6th color variant. This Variant will be your pet but with Armor plating. Like the Warlock Pets, this special variant would can be unlocked by a World Boss/Raid Boss drop, then opens a quest-line to which as usual need to complete to unlock the variant.

**CONS:**

First, the downside of this is that your usual Elementals (Earth, Fire, Storm) can be summoned for a period of 30 secs and cooldown will be increase to 7 mins. Basically:

*OLD* ------------- *NEW*
                        Summon: 1 min ------------ 30 secs
                      Cooldown: 5 mins ----------- 7 mins

Feral Spirits on the other hand, the only thing that will change is their cool down:

*OLD* ------------- *NEW*
                       Summon: 15 secs ---------- No Change
                     Cooldown: 1.5 mins ----------- 2 mins

Secondly, Unlike Warlock and Hunter, you CANNOT CHANGE Pets. You standard pet is your standard issue. So, if you are an Orc and you have a Wolf, that Wolf is there to stay. Now if you Race/Faction Change your character, the character you choose will change pet as well. So again, if you are and Orc and have a Wolf as your pet and you change to Mag’Har Orc, that wolf will now be your Greater Boar. To conclude, this change will mostly affect your summons (Feral and Elementals). All other talents will remain the same.

Let me know what you think, especially for fellow shaman players out there.

2 Likes

Just give me a Resto Shaman water elemental so I can fulfill my Tidesage fantasy thanks.

5 Likes

No thanks to shaman being a pet class. I play shaman and have since original BC, in part because it’s not a pet class. I like the fantasy the way it is.

And before anyone says “well you can just not spec into pets”, ask warlocks how that works out.

2 Likes

Funny enough, my bro plays Kul Tiran Shaman and he told me the same exact thing, lol.

1 Like

I’d really prefer not to have pets other than our temporary Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, and Feral Spirits.

1 Like

Pass. Enough classes and specs with pet mechanics as it is.

2 Likes

I’d rather not have to deal with a pet on a shaman. The short duartion “cooldown” pets are fine, but let’s keep those thematic (ie- elementals and spirits).

1 Like

Blizz already said that they don’t want shaman to be a pet class and that’s why they dialed back on feral spirit abilities. Though I’m totally on board for more customization and improving feral spirits.

3 Likes

lol now looking at farseer