Shamans in shadowlands

Things I’d like to see in shadowlands for shamans. Im not a huge fan of totems. I’d rather see a weather change similar to pet battles. Shamans control the elements. Give enh storm abilities something like a passive group arua that enhances wind/lightning for people within a distance of the player for a short amount of time (dispelable of course) rsham could have healing rain changed to format this aura and have it put a ticking buff that increases healing or gives an additional healing to all allies applied for the duration. Bring back enh weapon imbues i want to enhance my weapons we are enhance for a reason. Situation totems like tremor/grounding make sense to be a redirect totem so we can keep those. I’d like to see slow totems go away change earthquake to be similar to thralls in Hots shake the earth applying a large knee trembling slow that deminishes over the duration and still applies a small amount of ticking damage while standing in it. Crash lightning could be more like blade dance for rogues while active your stormstrike does a little less damage but hits all targets around it for the duration.i really don’t want chain lightning back for enh. I’d like to see boulder fist/ rockbiter replaced with doom winds. I’m not a huge fan of the 2 mashes of the button to get up to speed. Give me an ability that playes off windfurry for maelstrom gaining or just bring back mop style. I’m tired of the ramp up gameplay. It completely shuts us down from the start of a pvp match. Can’t do much if you’re locked or stunned out of the gate and have to build up after you’re out. This could just be my problem but who knows. By that time I have to have to use everything i have on defensives. Or at least give us maelstrom from being attacked. I’m not a fan of eles big abilities having to be casts like icefurry. It’s clunky to me. To many times once it’s active you get a lavasurge proc and are forced to use up the frost shockes or lose one to use the Lvb. Maybe change it to a passive that gives you 3-4 powered shockes with a cd similar to crucible essence ability or change the initial power lvl to compensate. I’d like to see earthen spike changed a little. Something similar to what bolvar used against sylv when he picked up a massive boulder and chunked it at her. Give it a small spell inturpt or a disorient for flavor. Maybe even make it an aoe ability pelting enemies around the target hit. Give me back my pre nerfed healing surge from maelstrom. The trade off for less sustained damage was that we could heal our allies. We are a hybrid I’d like to feel like one again. Also give me instant hex at a high lvl maelstrom again. It’s was so useful as a defensive. Since they took away leap from rsham and ele make spirit walk baseline for all specs. Druids have thiers if I’m not mistaken. Hex should work on druids it’s always bugged me that druids (beasts in shaped form) are immune to an ability that can be used on beasts. They already get to shape out of slows they should be hexable. I’m not for or against 2handed enh i think it could be cool but not needed. What is really like to see is enh using a off hand shield and attacking with it. Abilities could be changed to not require an off hand to use. This is more for a flavor idea bc shamans are a class that can use shields. Could give some defensive abilities to utilize with it for pvp. Not for tanking of course. I’m not a fan of shaman tanks. But it would be cool to be a front line spell thrower. Just my opinons.

holikna already said no major class changes for shadowlands the version of shaman you are playing now you will be playing in shadowlands.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t be a class overhaul. Just changes. And that’s not concrete. They have had major changes before after saying they wouldn’t.

which means you will still get whispered “you ele?” then denied.

1 Like

Iv never been asked if i was ele or not.

when you get m+15 then come back and tell me…lol.

Maybe you just can’t play enh? And mythic+ is a filler it’s not endgame content. Either way I always play all specs so it’s not a big deal to me to change. I play shaman not just enh

Don’t mind him he complains just about every single shaman post trying to bring every enh down

5 Likes

Iv noticed. And he says the same thing ever time.

since you arnt over a +7 key you will find out later…lol.

you can only say the truth so many times.

enhance cant go any lower then they already are.

Ok and? say something constructive or nothing at all.

1 Like

Enhance works great for me, same as all shammy specs. You don’t do any content and constantly gripe about everything.

Might as well leave wow or Shamans cause it’s not healthy for you to stay so negative

i dont like playing bad classes with bad spec designs like enhance.you have attacks that waste a gcd to buff other attacks…lol.

enhance shamans are a poorly designed class with issues other then damage.the latest buffs should have shown you every other class gets stronger while enhance stays as bad is it is on defense.

if you dont care thats you play a bad cspec i wont.

So you don’t like how the spec works cool. Sorry to hear that but doesn’t mean others do. I love how it works and plenty others do.

All you do is the same comments every post about how bad it is. You’re a broken record.

Only place defensive matters is in insanely high pve or pvp which based on your achievements you don’t do anyway. So who cares.

3 Likes

Then why even comment if you don’t play enh. Seems like a waste of a global CD to be here commenting on things if u don’t play. Move along.

3 Likes

there is a reason enhance is one of the least played specs in the game if it was good it would be played more.

i would advise anyone NOT to play enhance shamans until they get a complete rework.

Shamans have always been a low population class…

because its not a good spec it went to crap in legion the same system we are playing now.

Always doesn’t encompass BFA and legion, it means every expansion.

You don’t do any content where being the meta best spec matters so why should you let it stop you. Play what you find fun let others play what they find fun. It’s a game after all.

2 Likes

like i said if you enjoy playing a bad spec that needs a complete rework thats you dont jump all over people if they dont like the bad spec design.