Shamans are truly second class citizens =(

I mean that is the comparison I was trying to make: A non-meta spec’s representation as difficulty increases versus a meta spec’s representation as difficulty increases.

How could I do that without picking a meta class to compare that non-meta class to?

PS…it’s your

4 Likes

When you resort to pointing out typos, you’ve clearly lost.

Much like how you said I sounded like an advertisement when I expressed a positive opinion regarding hero talents?

2 Likes

lol ok… I guess I’m over conversing with you, in particular, honestly.

4 Likes

Its great that you’ve worked with the US Government and the Military, however having this “My way, or the Highway” attitude that’s been clearly on display isn’t helpful for class engagement or conversation.
The only information really presented here is that Meta exists and some people make bad choices because they believe X class is bad and only Y class is good. Performance alone is one thing, gearing is another.

Looking at Parses is fine and all, but not everyone has/uses raider io or have a log running. Missing very important data there in order for it to be completely accurate.

Homogenization is good for milk, bad for class fantasy.

1 Like

I brought it up because of the comment where I was told I do not understand statistics lol.

I do not have an attitude where it’s “my way or the highway” - i’ve done nothing more than basically present data and share some pretty obvious conclusions. I’m not sure that can be said of you, however.

I’d love to hear input on the differences in representation numbers as difficulty increases between specs, if you have any theories to share.

Even more, I’d love to hear ways that we can fix the disparities that exist between those specs.

Be honest Dyse - are you here just to argue or do you want to get back on track and discuss the things that can help the class?

I tried last week actually
to which I received…

Very well that you should ask yourself the same question Avih
The average player doesnt run to view spreadsheets or forums to decide if the class they are interested is worth it long haul, as a guide I see people looking for class advice regularly in Newcomer channel. There are other classes that are desirable, thats why even when Shaman performs well, Its never represented as high as other classes.

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you other than I am here to try to help the class and spec get better. Your original post painted nothing but perfectness, and the community largely disagreed with that. And yes, it garnered extra attention because of the color you type in and the golden border around your avatar. That is why so many people paid attention to it and you received the responses from so many that you did. That, and the fact that your views differed so greatly from what just about everyone else in the community thinks.

Also, we’ve been down this road before - yes - you were asked if you represent us. A lot of folks are and were confused on your exact role. You could have just responded and confirmed whatever that role is. Furthermore, why are you taking quotes from other threads and dragging them around to continue arguments?

Right, that’s why I went to gather data to show those who say “the spec is fine” - in order to help them see the disparities that exist (and help present the data so they can make their own conclusions). I’ve gone out of my way to gather that data and share it with everyone - that shows Ele and Enhance representation numbers go down drastically as difficulty increases - whereas meta classes such as Ret and Fire have representation numbers that go up as difficulty increases.

At the end of the day, then people just accuse me of not understanding numbers, call me stupid, call me other names, or tell me that I should get fired from my job.

Even throughout all of this - I am trying to maintain a professional attitude and tone…and be as helpful as I can. I want the class to get better. I want representation to stay consistent through higher difficulties (ie. if you prefer playing Enhance at key level 20, I want you to also prefer playing Enhance at key level 28).

raider io pulls the completed mythic+ runs directly from the blizzard API. Also, one would assume a somewhat-equal distribution of people of all specs that have un-logged runs from the raid. ie. if 20% of enhance kills aren’t logged, 20% of ret kills are also not logged. So the numbers should hold true.

At the end of the day, why do you go back and forth with so many people? We should be trying to stay on track and work on the class issues and/or provide feedback. All of this in-fighting that is going on is so unnecessary and so unhelpful to the actual goal.

1 Like

Yeah, My way or the Highway. Do you not see it?
Why else would you mention the fact you’ve been playing Shaman for 17 years, or the fact you work for the govt. Truthfully do you know how many times the class has changed since then?

1 Like

Because I love the class, and have been playing it for (what I consider) a very long time. I was sharing my experience (after you already shared the fact that you had been playing it for 14 years).

I’m so confused to what is actually even going on here.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be the reason I’m here? I play more than just my Shaman but I picked Shaman because I know these issues myself.
Nobody questioned your experience or your position, but you did mine. That isn’t professional.
Intent to be thought provoking, as to when I shared my enthusiasm it was met as if I never played this class before.

I mean what would make you feel better, an apology from me for asking you if you represented us?

I didn’t, and still don’t, think the question is out of line. But it was obviously taken in a way that you deemed offensive, so I’m sorry for asking you that.

Oh no, not at all, no apology needed. Its just contradictory to your belief that you are being professional. I’m all for open discussion, I encourage it. but disrespect is another thing that I am very experienced in handling.

I honestly don’t know what is so “disrespectful” about asking your role in our community (a lot of us have never conversed with Community Council members before).

I legitimately thought (and still do think) that the Community Council (as per Blizzard’s definition) is a “venue of communication between players and the World of Warcraft developers”. I thought you all were “our representatives” that represent us and our feelings to those developers. But i’ve already explained this to you before.

I don’t know why you can’t get past this. We talked about this in the other thread, and now you drag it over here to keep bringing it up. Had I known your reaction, or the way you would take it, I wouldn’t have asked. I still feel it is and was a genuine question that merited an answer. It is what it is. Just move past it and get back on track, as I cannot explain my original intentions any more clearly than that. Please.

2 Likes

Came back after a while just to find avih being insufferable again let’s go

2 Likes

I think the intentions of the folks participating is quite clear. If you have useful information to share or theories or opinions, ways to improve the class, let’s hear it.

1 Like

My opinion is that yours are quite bad.

Also after some digging it would seem the discord felt the same way and that’s why you were maybe shunned out? if it ain’t you w/e but the level of annoyance presented seems about the same lmao

1 Like

Can you share a specific opinion of mine that is bad - and let me know why it’s bad (obviously one related to shamans and the game)?

1 Like

this is really cute the way you’ve set this up but I’m not digging through all of your dumb takes

the one I still get a laugh from is your idea that key parses mean literally anything lmao

Key parses, when logged, factually give a player a percentage-based number that represents their total damage done, in that specific key, in comparison to other same-spec players that also did that same level of a key.

I fail to see why knowing exactly what the parse number for a key is - warrants you calling me names.

I’m not even sure why I try to defend myself honestly. Your intent is obviously to troll…but I did think that your assumption that I don’t know what the parse number is - merited a response anyway.