Shamans are in need of Dire help, specifically for Elemental

Yeah, literally every reason they gave for Ret needing work is also currently an issue with Enhancement; the only difference is that our PvE dps is still good despite those issues, so they can get away better with leaving us on the backburner.

2 Likes

If Lightning Rod had an interaction with EQ, where EQ are attracted to afflicted targets, it’d be nutty but an interesting change. Call it Fault Lines, Seismic Conductor, or Piezoelectricy.

The effect wouldn’t necessarily be generated or emanate from the LR. EQ’s just move at a walking pace to be centered below the target. It could even interact independently of the shaman, such that two elementals can be spec’d differently (ie, one lava one lightning), such that EQ’s just “naturally” migrate towards LR’d enemies.

1 Like

What if EQ was just always available — but its dmg was augmented by how much Maelstrom you spend on it?

OR — could there be some iteration on the Legendary from SL where casting Chain Lightning made Chain Heal instant and vice versa — except for EQ and Chain Lightning.

One of the biggest issues with ele is mobs moving out of the space of EQ, but if CLs could become instant (more than 2 every stormkeeper), could that cover them moving out of the area?

1 Like

This is a great thread for us zappy folks! I have noticed, and it seems this way on my DH as well, that they really devalued haste. I have haste on almost every piece of gear, and I’m only at 17% so when instant meatballs are not available, the cast time is soooo sloooow. I’m sure that will fix itself in future patches as stats increase on gear, but it is really brutal right now. Like trying to cast in a bowl of honey.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m starting to wonder is secondary stats have just outlived their value to the game - at least as a function of gear. The theory has always been that secondary stats are a way to customize your character’s gameplay to suit your playstyle, but the reality is that some secondaries are just plain better than others for any given spec, and in extreme cases, having the wrong secondaries just leaves a spec absolutely anemic.

Specs that rely on Haste for cooldown reduction or resource generation, for example, just absolutely suck to play at low Haste. They end up spending large portions of their time just standing around auto-attacking until they can actually do something. If secondaries were cut from gear, those specs could just be designed around a guaranteed tempo from the start.

4 Likes

No changes for elemental in 10.0.7 ? This is … disapointing to say the least …

3 Likes

At this point, I want to understand why more than anything.

1 Like

This better not be all the changes Ele sham sees (doesn’t see).

2 Likes

Please don’t be doomer about the first build of a ptr lol

1 Like

Hard not to when we’re bottom feeders looking for scraps and our DPS buffs go to the wrong spec.

3 Likes

I feel they need to make those frost shocks that proc flux melting worth using. Redesign flux to work more like electrified shocks. Bring the damage down to 15% dmg to fire damage for the next 6 seconds. Right now those frost shocks are not worth using unless you have nothing else to do.

3 Likes

Those playing shamy on the ptr need to be as loud and clear as possible. Ill take this as a first draft and there clearly mych more to be done

3 Likes

Would very sincerely quit the game before I would play a Dracthyr.

Not hating on anyones preferences, but full stop no. I dislike the race that much, it is literally the ugliest playable race I have ever seen in a video game.

I dont have a ton of cosmetic hang ups nowadays but I guess that’s my limit.

2 Likes

That is definitely how it feels and what the damage trials during practice inform me. I haven’t run the math on it specifically, but it’d be interesting to know how much damage would be necessary to bring it into the priority system when taking Icefury with most Lava builds.
Perhaps if they made Flux Melting, similar to Electrified, in that it was a short duration buff on the shaman that fire damage for X seconds instead of just the next cast.

I do want to say, nay STRESS, that’s it’s very consequential when used in conjunction with Primordial Wave or Ascendance/Deeply Rooted Elements. It’s what the build is made for because you know that you’ll end up with multiple Lava Bursts launched under that effect, to great effect!

2 Likes

This is called the Demon hunter effect for windwalker monks. When DH got released they did everything monk could do but better. Took them 2 xpacs to recover.

3 Likes

Your concerns are right on… The possibilities are endless for Shaman, they just need some attention. Lets ensure this post stays active and possibly gets in front of someone on the blizzard team.

#1 Utility - They need to bring back totems that buff the party offensively, not just bring crowd control… The most popular totem which should be implemented immediately is the skyfury totem. In its current state, it may be too powerful. But the idea is there where Ele could bring a raid wide Crit damage and healing buff for X amount of time.

#2 Damage - The crit scaling is right on and should be implemented. However, this still doesn’t fix our issue of having garbage Cleave.

1. Elemental Blast shouldn’t replace earth shock. It should be separated and put on a cooldown. Elemental Blast should splash on impact to give it weight while casting in a cleave scenario.

2. Icefury is designed perfectly right now to give us cleave, however; it doesn’t feel good in any rotation. On top of that, we do not have any solid cleave to follow up with afterwards. So, the Icefury damage buff that applies to 3 targets is almost worthless. A simple and effective fix would be to change how chain lightening works. Chain lightening should hit a total of 5 targets (or 5 jumps). So if there are 3 targets, it should jump back and forth between the 3 targets for a total of 5 times.

3. Lavaburst feels so good right now in the current fire build. Implementing the crit scaling would be perfect. If you are rocking the Lavaburst build, you want to cast as many lavabursts as possible and the above changes would make it feel somewhat inefficient. However! If they do change chain lightening to the above proposal, it would feel quite nice. Slinging Lavabursts until proccing an earth shock followed by a chain lightening (which would now bounce 6 times (due to surge of power) could actually feel quite nice. So the rotation would look like Lava bursts > Frost Shock > Earth Shock > Chain Lightening > Repeat

Lots of possibilities for this class!

4 Likes

We have enough buttons already.

3 Likes

I love elemental, i just wish it was a high tier spec ever

3 Likes

Another small suggestion I would love, would be for us to gain maelstrom up to like 50 passively out of combat so we can start fights off with an earthquake to immediately use surge of power. Kind of like how destro passively gets shards out of combat and can start each M+ pack with a rain of fire.

This would only help us in M+ really, but it would be a very welcome Qol buff to help us out a little between packs.

5 Likes

I’m starting to think that EB should be t he spell cleaving up to 2 target. THis should be done by a branch bellow EB that would be like 1 point, EB cleaves up to 2 extra target for 25% dmg, and 50% damage for 2 points.

2 Likes