Shaman "tanking"/SOAKER Patchwerk

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yVaQbkmWvxY3Z1jh#fight=48&type=damage-taken

Took 16 hateful strikes as an Enh Shaman. 2nd behind a warrior. Thanks to SOTH for allowing me to do it! Patchwerk fight should start at the 1:22 mark

13 Likes

Gratz? Shamans are still crappy tanks.

9 Likes

You were one-shot, and low enough on EH that the only reason you didn’t get one-shot before the end was because Patchwerk never hit you with an upper-end Hateful Strike, since you only had 9,604 total Health while averaging <70% mitigation. You literally couldn’t reliably survive from full health a non-enraged Hateful Strike, which is why the moment he hit you with something that broke over 10k, you just went splat and by a fair amount.

Patchwerk threw 37 Hatefuls your way.
Patchwerk threw 65 Hatefuls at the Warrior.

Congratulations on the RNG, but you did as well as an Evasion Rogue.

15 Likes

Did you link a 3.5 hour video without a time stamp?

15 Likes

you dont say

2 Likes

I want to see a Holy Paladin taking Hatefuls and healing himself.

Hmmmm…

1 Like

It should start at the correct time stamp

Still tanked him as a shaman. =)

12 Likes

why everyone so negative lol

18 Likes

Because shaman tanking is a meme and he got carried by rng. This isn’t tanking, it’s playing russian roulette

6 Likes

Very cool man, ignore the haters.

11 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of well geared warrior tanks and get flattened by hateful strikes. Surviving up there as a shaman is impressive. You get a congrats from me =)

9 Likes

Even more of a reason to chuckle and say, “That’s pretty cool.” It sounds like some of you guys need to settle down and relax, for your own sake’s. It’s not that serious…

7 Likes

I don’t find it cool and I’m not taking it seriously. A critical comment doesn’t mean I’m taking it seriously.

1 Like

Yeah, these forums are always packed with hostile nerds. Like clearly he isn’t going to tank naxx. They did this to have fun, the whole point of the game.

22 Likes

What’s a shaman?

Grats.

3 Likes

It’s cool to see people try different things. Ignore the meta-monkey’s

3 Likes

Objectively, no, you didn’t. You simply lucked out with Patchwerk never aiming a heavy hitting Hateful Strike at you, which is why a weak swing during his Enrage phase one-shot you.

/shrug

Like I said, you performed the same as an Evasion Rogue, utterly reliant upon RNG.

1 Like

The meta was challenged and someone had fun.

Side note, what’s up with cults these days?

12 Likes

That’d be rough since you’d never avoid any swings even once. I’m 90% sure you can hit the 30k EH threhold for non-Enrage phase but I don’t think you can hit 40k EH for the last 5%, and I don’t think you can hit that 30k EH threshold easily without dropping several pieces of +Healing gear.

You can probably RNG your way through a few hits though.