Shaman Tanking Comprehensive Guide - Learn how to play World of Warcraft Classic as a proficient Shaman Tank

We had a shaman tank in my guild in classic named Balto. He’d tank dungeons, main tank ony, and do off tank stuff in aq40 and naxx. He was pretty awesome. Kept the game interesting for us and him :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If a shaman told me he could tank and his reasoning was “I’m bis”, I’d put him on ignore immediately.

1 Like

Good joke.

I’m glad to hear that, do they still play?

Now I am not someone who is a shaman tank pusher but I’ve leveled a shaman over 12 times and they don’t make good dps slots in low level dungeons. You are literally better off healing or stacking stam and tanking with rockbiter and letting a warrior dps. You may think that’s cap but it actually works good. However, I usually just level ele, and heal dungeons

Why don’t they make good dps slots? Ele goes oom too fast and lacks spell power. Enhance pulls aggro regardless of your weapon imbue or what shocks you use. So it just makes a warrior with a shield kind of a dps downgrade

3 Likes

A voidwalker could tank better than a shaman.

2 Likes

if i was looking for a tank for a raid and a shaman whispered me and said “i’m bis,” you would be getting ignored and promptly made fun of lmao

saying “I’m BiS” usually means the person went through the research to try and improve themselves. I’d happily invite someone like that. Especially as they are a tank I would assume they went the extra mile, since improper gearing means a potential wipe. I’d also assume they constantly strive to improve themselves until they perform the best they can because of criticism from others.

1 Like

just because shaman “”“tanking”"" might work on private servers, does not mean that it does on real servers lmao. only someone completely out of their mind would ever invite someone like that lmfao

How is that so?

how is what? shaman tanking? not a thing on live servers. no one wants your goober fake spec lmao

I have played the entire content of WoW on both Classic and private servers, it is dramatically easier to tank in Classic WoW. It is glaringly obvious to anyone who has ever Shaman tanked or even perhaps even played a Shaman…

Suggest joining the Discord: https://discord.gg/2ftPuKyRz7 which has countless people who actually Shaman tank and can comment on it.

not joining a server full of goobers that thing a fake spec will work in any raiding situation lol

and it’s pretty sus that you don’t have any logs to back up that shaman “tanking” is actually working out lmao, especially since your only parses are as elemental for like four bosses

Why do you care so much?

1 Like

I did a double take since I just realised you’re commenting on my Classic Vanilla Shaman Tank guide…

I thought you were commenting about Wotlk Shaman raid Tanking and I would understand your scepticism since Beta is not out yet, but no, you’re talking about the most dissected/documented version of WoW…

The game that has been released twice. I’m sorry but if the countless videos on youtube and the massive amounts of data we’ve gathered TWICE is not enough, nothing will be enough of a proof.

There is literally as we speak a “bug” to constantly get insane amounts of threat as long as you have a big wallet among a plethora of other “exploits” that greatly trivialises tanking.

1 Like

so the only “”“real”"" way to tank is exploiting the game? lmfao
also where are your logs of “”“tanking,”"" since you seem to think it works so well

No. Put down the crack pipe and stop it.

lmfao i just saw your smite priest “guide” too lmfao. cracked out of your mind man take your meds

Perhaps getting results through effort is just not your thing? No problem with that.