Shaman Spell/Visual updates

So the next expac is going to be involving the void and shadow… it makes sense to give classes that use shadow spells new animations and visual updates. But an expansion involving the primal elementals, night elf shamans even, should have brought updates to shamans… right???

I’ve heard people say our totems don’t need cosmetic updates because we can’t see them well… I have a question for every warlock, how well do you see your pets in m+ or raid?

I love seeing all the updates, but there are other casters in the game. Ascendance hasn’t been updated in a decade. My shaman feels like the ugly stepchild. I know if I at least play a shadow priest, my class will be monitored and possibly receive feed back even if I don’t like it, but as shaman… completely sol

-Ascendance needs a new visual
-Lightning Bolt needs a new visual
-Ghost Wolf needs more forms that connect with all races of shaman
-Multiple totems need new visuals especially the Tauren but also the other races from classic-cata.

All other spells could also be updated. Just think about all the fire, wind, frost, and lightning spells you see primalists casting throughout this whole expansion. They look so much better than what we have. Even the sethrakk from two expansions ago had better lightning effects.

Ascendance is the biggest issue for me. Old funky looking graphic of a twilight cultist from 2010. Literally classic content now.

Come on Blizzard.

6 Likes

How we had an entire expansion based on the elements with absolutely 0 shaman involvement is beyond me. Druids even got like 300 new forms.

I hate Ascendance as a concept though. It’s Dark Shamanism, it shouldn’t be a standard part of the shaman kit. Replace it with something else, please.

Give me Ghost Talbuk form please.

That would be cool. Not even expecting them to design new forms. Just paste the ghostly or spectral coloring over existing beast models from at least WoD/Legion on and add one for each race.

Of all the visual updates out there, the most absurd is how shockingly few ghost wolf and feral spirit forms we have. Literally all it takes to make a ghost wolf form is turn down the opacity on an existing beast model. Tint it blue, and you’ve knocked out a new feral spirit form, too, in the time it probably takes to finish modeling the front left paw of a new cat druid form.

I agree so much,

• Ascendance should look like an awesome unique Element in my opinion.
  • Ghost Wolf literally has the easiest fix ever, just have all the Shadowlands Soul Shapes available to be picked via Barbershop, rename Ghost Wolf to Spirit Shape/Form, let the player pick and choose what they relate too, this can also be applied to Feral Spirits.

Example, I’m a Draenei and I want my Spirit Shape/Form and Feral Spirits to be a Talbuk, I should be able to do this.

• Lightning Bolt 100% needs a upgrade
  • All core race totems need a visual upgrade.
1 Like

Totems could stand a size upgrade, too. My tank routinely complains that she can never actually tell where my Earthbind/grab is when she’s trying to kite.

They need a more precise visual aura I think. A random white wind or a sand storm on the ground applying shield is kinda weak. Druid got a huge neon circle telling people where to go