Shaman Spell Batching Exploit

I agree that this needs fixing, but by this logic when something says Attack power it would apply to ranged attack power like it is supposed to, as it doesn’t say “Melee attack power”. Welcome to the world of lies… aka Hunter life yo.

Not sure why I’m being quoted on this one.

As a side note, shaman really shouldn’t be dying often to frost mages. Resto maybe but the other two specs? Yikes.

I dont have any issue with it specifically, but it is annoying that shamans and mages get to do stuff like this but paladins can’t sit to proc reckoning/other classes sit to proc talents. It’s just inconsistent balancing.

That’s not even batching. Shadowbolt has to travel to the totem before it kills it so while it’s in the air you are casting an instant cast spell and its eating both of them.

It doesn’t matter if the Shadow Bolt has a travel time. It doesn’t matter whether the totem has been killed or not.

The totem’s ability redirects ONE spell towards itself. If the initial Shadow Bolt has already been redirected, then the Shadowburn, which was cast afterwards, should not be. The totem is not supposed to redirect multiple abilities.

pretty straight forward, its not spell batching its spell travel time, Chain Lightning is Instant, Lightning bolt has a travel time, Elemental Mastery works for any spell cast while its in action it only goes away when a spell hits.

This means you can do two lightning bolts and a chain lightning if your target is running at full speed whilst mounted from the left to the right of you at a great distance all whilst having elemental mastery work on all 3 hits as long as you get your chain lightning off before your first lightning bolt lands, I remember many times during vanilla and bc dying before a frost bolt/arcane missile/fireball hit me, rezzing instantly at the graveyard in wsg and having the spell come flying across the map at me, this is normal behaviour :smiley:

To my knowledge was you are saying is not entirely accurate. Spell travel time allows you to land 3 spells on the target at around the same time. Yet batching is what is making all those hits that are slightly spaced out “hit” at exactly the same moment as far as the game is concerned allowing a multiple proc. If the window was smaller it would be near impossible to time it to land these all at the same time. That being said the text states the next spell… Not the next two or three, or the next few in this batch. That is why I believe this is an exploit and unintended, the batching is breaking the design of the ability. Also because they raised the engines batch time now it is able to be accomplished with 100% certainty, in Vanilla it was no where near as easily accomplished.

They didn’t, it’s 400ms, you can see this fact in Warcraftlogs. It was 400ms in Vanilla, it’s 400ms in Classic.

The same batch time with faster rigs and networks makes it easier to exploit the 400ms window

That’s correct.

Sorry if it was unclear but they are running it on the current engine, and what I meant was they raised it to be as it was when Vanilla was there introducing these problems. We never got this thing in real vanilla, cause well a lot of people were playing on awful connections. That being said it now feels extremely high and is unnecessary.

6 months later and fully geared shamans just one shot / globalling people with this spell batch exploit. Horde favoritism continues.

I love pvp while leveling and when I hit the 49 bracket all I saw was half shaman horde teams in AB. Literally because of this spell batching exploit, it’s so broken it defined the entire meta as soon as it is available. Can easily global a 49 warrior in decent gear.