Shaman should have a voodoo spec

Growing up as a kid in the South ( in the 80’s) I’ve met people that labeled themselves as Shamans, Voodoo Doctors, or Voodoo Priest…they all basically did the same thing, Most of the time they used candles ,herbs and ashes of someone’s belongings to summon…things… Elemental shamans i can consider…the totems are like the candles, the summoning of the elements i can buy… but seriously the enhancement shaman is just a lazy design… Just like you replace the combat Rogue for the Outlaw… You need to replace enhancement for a Voodoo Doctor/Witch Doctor…Basically it would be a demonology warlock but a Shaman Version…Instead of summoning Demons the Shaman summons spirits ( which would make some cool animation) One spirit for physical damage… another for curses… maybe one for protection like a shield wall…another to heal … This is why warlocks are so cool because of the animation and multiple pets they summon…IDK who originally designed the shaman but Apparently they didn’t do any real research on what shaman actually are and how they work…Of course you have players that love what you guys created and i’m sure will most likely defend… I’m just giving some insight on someone that was raised around them…The closest thing you guys successfully did create, that’s seems to actually be one is bwonsamdi who’s name actually came from Baron Samedi… Trust me …if you do what i suggest…people would love it…even though im 100% positive a few people are gonna hate on my idea…just like some hated on the new demonology UNTIL they actually tried it…

1 Like

A Warcraft Shaman isn’t a real world Shaman.
If it was, we would be drinking Ayahuasca in the Amazon.
Don’t change our iconic WC melee archetype just because it doesn’t fit your niche.

5 Likes

Why do i get the feeling this guy is that curly head kid thats always interviewing Ion Hazzikostas !! attempting to clap back at my comment …hmmm -_-

You should be happy I even wrote back to your boring thread, if it wasn’t for me this post would have died with zero responses.

1 Like

WOW! did you really just put yourself on a pedestal because of a boring post? Or …Or Maybe it’s the spec that’s Boring and no one really cares at all? Now i’m really convinced you’re that curly head kid !!! Get a sense of humor!!

No.

6 Likes

all the voodoo stuff in wow is tied specifically to trolls since the loa fancy the trolls, trolls can become loa and loa dont commune with the other races unless they are tied to trolls like how Nelfs commune with wisps (wisps are loa too). wow shamans commune with the elements and ancestors that were shaman before them and anyone can be taught that. wow shamans are ok how they are. your idea would require erasing all of wow and rebuilding it around voodoo shaman or it would be only trolls that got a voodoo spec

8 Likes

Just…no…

4 Likes

Neither did you if you think shaman only means voodoo witch doctor, especially in the fantasy archetype

2 Likes

Melee elementalist is perfection incarnate.

For the storm!

3 Likes

Wait…are you sure YOU DID ANY RESEARCH?? Because when you use the term fantasy archetype…that’s basically stating different versions on a cleric,magic and melee… that could range from anything from ancestral spirits, animal, elemental, oh and VOODOO which is a form of Necromancy …Only Person that made a valid point was [Phatymcdaddy] but blizz can change the story and come up with a valid reason to make the spec like they make changes in a lot of things…but No one has changed my mind yet… and all im really hearing is a bunch of players that’s AFRAID OF CHANGE! yeah i said!! just like hunters and rogues were hating on their new specs …i totally understand…but IF they were to make a Voodoo spec you guys would totally love it… I get it…right now I’m that person to think outside the shaman box and everyone is yelling at me to fall in line… and don’t make any trouble…and don’t anger Ion and the Blizz Gods lol

Voodoo is definitely a troll thing, not something orcs, tauren, draenei, dwarves, etc. would ever look to use. I don’t see it as fitting for shaman in general.

1 Like

Wow! How original and “outside the box”! You dastardly rebel you

3 Likes

Just play a troll Warlock or Shaman and call it Voodoo.

Also, your name sounds like Guldon threw up in his mouth.

3 Likes

It’s been my understanding that the lore reason behind having troll warlocks added to the game was because of voodo/loa already.

You mention in your post it would be ‘demonology warlock but a Shaman version’ - this is probably another instance of people getting specific classes for lore reasons, but the classes being homogeneous. For example, I think that Sunwalker tauren paladins aren’t really supposed to be the same as human paladins, but for gameplay reasons they are represented by the same class.

Same would hold true for Troll warlocks (loa/voodoo curses) and other warlocks (demons/demonic curses). I would much prefer that they expand out the glyph system or find some other way to expand out the thematic options available to these classes, so if you were a troll warlock for example you could have an entirely different aesthetic to your spells to represent voodoo instead of fel.

2 Likes

Ew no enhancement is fine in its current flavor.

The spec isnt boring and most people do care so your point is moot.

1 Like

Judging by responses it seems as OP cannot handle a “no”

3 Likes

Blizz developed their own ideation of a Shaman, independent from ones conceived IRL like the diablo 3 witch doctor.

It’s kind of weird though… there are times Blizzard seems to want to go that direction, but a shaman is basically a battle mage.

WoW shaman are based on several Native American tribal shaman practices. Which is beyond stupid obvious if you look at the original Tauren Shaman (which was the “Archetype” character in their presentations).

Also, Voodoo is mainly a Haitian hybridization of multiple African religions, Pirate folkflore, and some Western European mythos that was combined due to the slave trade. Did YOU do YOUR research?