Shaman rework fever dream

Hi,

Here’s what I have:

Shaman gets stance bar that are elemental affinities which change their abilities.

Storm strike and lava lash disappear and instead primal strike is the ability which becomes modified by your chosen elemental stance.

Becomes storm strike as lightning and lava lash as fire and wind strike on wind etc.

Healing rain changed to gathering storm

Gathering storm becomes a modifiable space.

Storm affinity causes it to become a thunderstorm for aoe damage, frost could cause it to become an aoe slow, wind would turn it into a wind rush totem or a vortex that gradually draws enemies towards its center with the pull strength increasing as they near its center (although I kinda like the idea of making it a wind launch pad like in Algathar and giving a second class a ‘warlock gate’).

Shocks consolidated to one button which changes with affinity.

The longer you stay in an affinity the more you build towards activating ascendancy which is now invoke the elements.

Invoke the elements turns you into an elemental lord for a duration, abilities are modified like how chain lightning currently becomes lava beam sort of thing, wind elemental is that your attacks become ranged and pen armor like wind strike used to be, etc.

Wind would have single player buttons, fire aoe buttons, storm mobility buttons, frost utility buttons, earth elemental would be survivability Etc.

Each element could build charges at a different rate for balancing but promoting a stance dancing play style in a way akin to old warrior or Druid shapeshifting.

Making a bunch of buttons modifiers would prune button bloat without pruning the iconic class defining kit.

I also like the idea of combining enhance and ele into a true melee/ranged battle mage fantasy and making a third spec for enhance tank for which there is a stupid amount of ask and great ideas already. Building up earth charges like bone shield to look like the thing from fantastic four seems cool.

Anyways blizzard, hire me because I hate my job and I love your game.

-Z

Massive L for shamans everywhere. I remember when they finally seperated the CD from Flame and Frost Shock. A beam of light cast upon me from the heavens and I heard the angels sing.

Totally agree so long as the interaction of flame shock remains unchanged! I’m thinking broader interaction changes that keep the flavor without the clutter.

What if lightning shield became fire shield and applied flame shock to targets we damage? Removes the need to cast it for maintenance and lets it become a fun thing instead of more brain bandwidth.