Shaman quest "Infernal Phenomena"

For Shamans Champion of the Legionfall questline, you get sent to the broken shores to do 3 quests, one of them “Infernal Phenomena”, the second infernal ritual does not have the NPCs you need to kill to stop the ritual. The first and third work fine. Ive tried hearthing and coming back and abandoning quest, but still bugged. I haven’t seen anyone else with the issue online, but did find someone else doing the quest and they had the same issue. You need this quest done to get shaman class mount, plz help!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as well, and several other shaman playing the same quest line. I see that this is back in May and has noone addressed back to this major bug issue? We need some solutions on please.

1 Like

Glad this STILL isn’t fixed. Just got to this part of the questline and cannot progress due to the mobs being untargetable.

from wowhead:

If anyone post-Legion is still having issues with this quest not counting upon killing the ritualists, try meleeing them one by one instead of one-shotting them all with chain lighting.

7 Likes

That could maybe prevent the mob from going un-targetable in the first place, but unfortunately doesn’t help if the mob is already un-targetable. For me the ritual caster has been un-targetable 3 days in a row.

1 Like

So I was able to complete the quest after the servers reset. Seemed to reset the mobs and made them targetable so I was able to kill them and move forward with the quest chain. HOWEVER, this seems to be a reoccuring issue on this quest chain so blizz should look into it considering it is ONLY the 2nd infernal ritual that bugs out.

Can’t even melee them when they are untargetable silly.

were you abandoning/re-taking the quest in between, or just going back each day hoping something had changed?

this issue is different to the original one which this thread is about.

This issue still persists. I can’t proceed further in getting my class mount.

1 Like

I experience the same thing.

1 Like

still bugged in 2021. cool.

2 Likes

If anyone was still having an issue on this. I had the same issue not being able to stop ritual 1 or ritual 3. If I just walked in and aggroed them without attacking, then let them die to lightening shield, I got credit for the other two rituals. I’m guessing as said before, just landing and blasting away before the encounter really starts might throw off the quest.

5 Likes

Yep, there is a fix to this problem, the main problem is, if you kill the 3 adds too fast the quest doesn`t count. What I did was, unequip all your itens and take off your shield, kill all 3 of them with melee attacks, it will work.

You are welcome

3 Likes

01-09-2021 Bug still not fixed. Had to melee all the mobs. Lmao. Smh. so sad.

1 Like

So the only way I got this to work, is stand under the infernal, then let one of the mobs aggro you, they all stop channeling and then you can kill them and get the credit. kind of dumb but it’s been working

Edit: this method doesnt work on the “second” only mele and waiting a second or two between kills worked for me.

jesus, thank you! This was driving me insane

Came across all 3 bugged for me, lightning shield worked when nothing else did! Thank you!

9/12/22 still bugged. was able to do the first and third rituals but the mobs for the second aren’t even spawning.

YESSSS thank you! 2022 but still got it!

Thank you, this helped me! Kept killing them over and over and it never counted. Meleeing them worked tho

1 Like