Shaman macro help

Hello, I have been using a macro to sort of make chain lightning act the same as lightning bolt on my shaman whenever tempest procs. This way when in aoe my chain lightning button will just cast tempest when it procs just like lightning bolt does by default. It works great for several days, then just randomly stops working. When it was working the icon was that of chain lightning and then would change to tempest just like lightning bolt icon does, but when it stopped it has changed to some random different icon and will not cast anything. Macro is below:

#showtooltip
/cast [known:Tempest]Tempest;Chain Lightning

Anyone that understands why this works sometimes and then breaks would be a huge help

Shouldn’t be possible to change a spell known based on a proc. If it was working before it’s possible they changed it with weekly maintenance.

It is when that proc acts as a spell override. I used it in the past to prioritize crushing blow and verified that it still works.

The reason tempest randomly stops working is because primal storm elemental has an ability called tempest. When it is active, it will pull that version of tempest and brick the macro until a relog.

If thats the case, switching to spell id should fix things.

1 Like