Shaman are boring

Is it just me or are Shaman incredibly boring? I have a level 72 DI that I’m leveling for the heritage set and it is sooo boring… I heal in dungeons and quest as Elemental, when I get bored with that I quest as Enhance.

1 Like

Kind of subjective.

Is Shaman boring in trivial content, yes.
Is Shaman boring relative to other classes, no.
Is Shaman boring in WoW, what isn’t honestly, class design is pretty basic.

2 Likes

No ur boring :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

If you are at lvl 72 and playing ele. You should be aoe grinding like cray. it is super fast leveling. This being said, they have dumbed down leveling sooooooooo much that it is incredibly boring.

1 Like

“Leveling is boring” covers it. Hasn’t been a single class I enjoyed the leveling process with.

That is true… Leveling itself is extremely boring. I guess there is something to be said that the Shaman made it to 72 lol…

I use resto for solo and group play. I find it anything but boring, personally. Everything needs changed up every now and then, though.

1 Like

Your problem isn’t Shaman.

It’s leveling in general.

I have 6 alts below 120 that I just can’t get into playing.

I’m waiting out Shadowlands and the leveling changes.

1 Like

In my opinion, what makes enhance/ele fun is getting a lot of procs, which isn’t going to happen as often at lower levels due to scaling of secondary’s. I think the flavor of elemental at 120 with gear is pretty interactive, I really recommend getting your shaman to 120 to test yourself.

Resto is a more straight forward game style so I can understand why someone might not like it as much as the others.

Is resto a viable leveling spec?

Very much so.
I have yet to find any mob Resto cant stand up to.
If you set up help/harm macros for your heals and attacks, you can literally be healing yourself as fast as youre taking damage while roasting your enemies.
These are my four main macros…

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,nodead,help] CHAIN HEAL; CHAIN LIGHTNING

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,nodead,help] HEALING SURGE; LAVA BURST

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,nodead,help] HEALING WAVE; LIGHTNING BOLT

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,nodead,help] RIPTIDE; FLAME SHOCK

1 Like

That is awesome, thank you for this!!

1 Like

Very welcome.
My default leveling spec is resto shaman.
combat wise, its the most fun spec in the game, for me anyway.
If it had more mobility like druid, itd be the perfect spec.