Shaman 4th spec discussion

hey me too. My enhancement shaman had a tool for every situation but in PvP I’d run out of mana and those big windfury crits were what gave the early shaman kit that extra spice I needed to beat people. Hunting down the famous BiS two-handers was also fun. Plus I could always swap to dagger and shield at any point if I needed more armor. That level 40 spike I had where I was decked in SM gear with my blue axe was the sauce. I get why DW became a thing but RIP

1 Like

while their at it how about they give demon hunters a 3rd spec…uhhh fel magic healing or ranged dps shrugs

DH healer, imagine breaking souls off the enemy and healing people with the souls.

1 Like

Tanking spec for sure. I think it would be neat if it turned you into an Earth Elemental or gave you Earth Elemental features.

1 Like

amen. definitely don’t want no new specs when the current ones are in disarray half the time.

1 Like

Just because you doubt it is pretty meaningless. For years, people argued that we wouldn’t have Pandarans. That just because they existed in Warcraft, doesn’t mean they’ll EVER be in WoW.

You’re welcome to your opinion. But that’s no argument AGAINST Shamans getting tanks.

And Frankly, I think Adding in Tanks would against Actually HELP to balance the Class. One of the reason the existing specs are so broken right now is because of how there’s so much cross-splitting of Abilities between the 3 specs. As its been said, Shamans are a jack of all trades yet masters of none
If they were to dedicate each Spec to their own roles, and make them each masters of their own element, there’s plenty of room for 4 specs.

1 Like

This is what I’m saying! Like a Thing from Fantastic Four type situation. Also when you take dmg shards of your rock armor split off like shrapnel into the mobs

mages already specialize in a specific element with each spec getting a few spells which are relative to all mages. shamans should be the same in my opinion.

Or we can stick with the whole “Master of the Elements” and use “all of the elements” and not be a watered down version of our current selves.

Sorry guys I’m not a fire ele. I am strictly a frost ele.

the other elements still come into play with mages, and they would with shamans as well. Just because mastery of earth is the best for tanking, doesn’t mean they can’t have access to a water heal, or a frost shock slow, etc. Just like how resto shamans specialize in water but know some basic elemental manipulation across the board. All shamans utilize spirit as an element in some form too.

As an ele shaman our dmg is split pretty well between all of the elements as a design.

We aren’t like 99% of the other specs where 40-50% of our dmg is 1 or maybe 2 spells. It is what makes us unique and interesting and difficult to master.

And resto shamans can do a ton of dps with the lvb and lb and cl and still have access to earth through totems and earth elemental. Still not sure why they lost frost shock.

The issue isnt not using the other elements as often. The issue is we use all the elements equally and uniquely to our design.

Elemental most certainly leans towards fire and storm to deal most of its damage. resto uses water to heal. enhancement (at one point) relied heavily on auto attacks amplified by wind totems and wind weapons. they all had access to every element, but used specific elements to excel in the role they most desired. A tank spec would operation much the same since, well, rocks are hard. Not sure which point you are disagreement with? Is it the idea that each spec should only have access to one element exclusively? I don’t think anyone said that or wants that.

Specializing in a “specific element” would greatly reduce your access or use of other “non specific elements”.

Ele dmg is currently divided between Earhtshock
Lava burst and Flame shock
Lightningbolt
Frost shock (if Icefury is taken)
Not in any specific order but that is 3 of 4 elements. This isnt opinion but fact.

Enhance currently uses
Rockbiter (earth)
Frostbrand (Frost)
Stormstrike (Nature)
Flametongue (fire)

Now the Natural Harmony talent (that everyone screamed and yelled was completely useless for almost the entire initial patch though some of us actually saw the benefit) greatly plays into the “master of the elements” theme and is why it is such a good trait.

Resto is mostly nature due to the fact that healing with earth frost or fire is sorta counterintuitive.

Dont get me wrong I get what your are trying to say, I just completely disagree with having each shaman spec specialize in one element.

1 Like

I agree with Madalynn here. She brings up a really good point, if coming on a little combative lol. We could utilize fire/lightning for threat generation while also using earth to mitigate damage. Water would fill our need for a self heal, probably in the form of a totem, and wind/nature could provide our movement ability.

Speaking of which, I think we need a new movement speed ability. Just like how gust of wind used wind that behaved like a forward disengage, why not ride a “wind wave” that mechanically could be similar to a death knight’s wraith walk.

How about a spirit totem that fills the Earth Warden with ancestral spirit that enlarges them and makes them more “threatening!” So much in the same way that paladins want to tank in their consecration, the shaman tank Earth Warden, would need rop be in proximity to their town to be effective as a tank.

I know you’re trolling but you just gave me a crazy idea! Intellect DHs who use dirty fel magic to heal party members. The deal is they can heal VERY well but their heal have a dot component to it, so other healers would have to pick up their slack. Perhaps they have some gigantic single target healing then a hefty dot and shouldn’t heal the same target twice.

most ppl who want tank shamans are cool w that

All I care about is strapping a shield on this shaman and getting it done.

Another idea could be the Earth Warden “tanks” by using totems to build up the entire group so they can take more damage. Sounds like a balancing nightmare but I find it interesting

and No. Again, no 4th spec for shamans. Leave me to my 3 specs, tyvm kthxbye.

4th spec is coming.

it most certainly isnt. Many are against it, many will speak their voice to have that known. Save the idea for a completely different class.