Shaman 2H suggestion

Nice update with 2h Enhance with the latest patch of the PTR, however we still have the issue of the Hands rune being completly useless for us.

Water shield? Then all the wrist runes are not worth having on unless you run Riptide
Lava Lash - cant use
Molten Blast - no ty

Suggestion is :

Lava Lash - When dual wielding it does exactly as it is live. Just add a different function for 2h, does x amount of weapon dmg with a % added from spellpower or SOMETHING.

That’s the easiest way to make 2H enh viable now, you’ve done everything else needed for it, just another attack is needed instead of waiting for shock CD’s and Maelstrom stacks. Not asking for a super heavy hitting ability or a cleave or anything like that, just do something to Lava Lash to make it work with 2h aswell.

Makes the gloves rune viable, solves the 2h problems, and will make the spec feel much better to play.

2 Likes

I thought 2hance uses Lava Burst and spends msw charge on a mix of LvB and CL.

Maybe Molten Blast will be okay in an AoE scenario tho. It does have attack power scaling, and will hit up to 10 mobs. And, you know, its +threat effect is neutered since they butchered tank shaman.

2H enhance with a instant Lava Burst hits for less than a lightning bolt and it has a CD, thats why i didnt even mention it

It does make most sense to add a glove rune aimed at 2h.

Clappers want to clap.

Glove Rune:

Glyph Of Windfury
Increases WF Attack Power Bonus by 200% while using a two hander. Increases WF chance by 5% while using a two hander.

I could see the glove rune having a lava lash equivalent.

As much as i would like that idea, it still wouldnt help the fact theres big gaps of buttons to press as 2h, where as dual wielding with lava lash helps fill that in very neatly and just feels great to play

Agreed,

I just remember how close 2H was during phase 2 to actually being relevant.

Critting paladins for 400 x 2 during phase 2 STV events felt great. I mostly played 2H during the 2nd phase until the MSW nerf.

1 Like

Would love another melee button. Would also love if that melee button added to the slot machine feel 2h was legendary for in classic. Either increase WF proc chance and dmg or something along those lines. I get people get hesitant about that because pvp but if you look at the odds of a triple crit of wf is req for 2h to pop off in pvp where dw is opressive as is i think this is the perfect place to experiment with it for the devs.

Just hope the devs are actually play testing these classes themselves so they understand where we are coming from.

what about something similar to quick strike warriors got in p1. something that is like 55% weapon scaling but is still another independent attack you can use to fill rotation + fish for wf proc / crittable for maelstrom?

1 Like

At this point anything with more thought and care than just ope here is more atk speed…

Hell… they could have it cut Storm Strike’s CD in half.

It’s not special, but it’s something they could do as a number tweak instead of trying to make something out of whole cloth.

(And the Storm Strike we do have is a new ability anyways, so it shouldn’t have to much spaghetti tangle.)

Or make the hunters real mad and have it cut Storm Strike to 3 seconds with a 30% chance to not incur a cooldown… :wink: