Shadowy duel

please take that talent out of arena that is a guaranteed killed and should not be in pvp

7 Likes

I’ll comment in any duel thread. Just remove the ability I can’t think of a patch where it existed in a healthy state. It’s a unique CC category. a Get out of trouble free card. A kill window. It punishes trinkets harder than smokebomb ever did. Probably other uses i’m not familiar with as the meta evolved.

It needs either significant, dramatic drawbacks, or it needs to go. Like Energy can’t regenerate in the shadow realm. Or something.

8 Likes

One thing I don’t like about it is that healers vary wildly at being able to deal with it. It’s not balanced across healers at all. Rdruid probably being the best due to available AOE while likely already having hots up, and hpal probably the worst.

rogue players can’t compete unless they have 6 different win conditions holding their hand while simultaneously being unkillable

4 Likes

Should be removed. It’s a game breaking mechanic.

2 Likes

this isn’t biased but i actually think disc has the most options to deal with it but its also not the strongest atm. radiance aoe can heal em, dome, fear, root.

1 Like

85+ likes and complete ignoring, developers are blind

2 Likes

I think they have a standard of not removing class abilities during an active expansion. Not saying I agree or disagree with this, but if I don’t see it in the War Within beta then I’d say my theory is correct.

By the way, I agree with this theory, but I wouldn’t want it to be removed, it’s enough to “do something” so that you can’t kill in a duel.

1 Like

As long as duel exists, players who use it will find some cheesy to way exploit its mechanics and post it on YouTube. The safest thing is to just remove it.

Crazy in a game of millions of player u think a post with 85 likes deserves an immediate response and action. Tell me ur gen z without telling me ur gen z

1 Like

The problem is the devs cater to this idiocy which is why arena is totally dead. When you design and balance for 1% of the player base, which is both loud and bad generally you’re going to lose the majority of players. Between the wild mmr swings and biased balance no wonder we have no one playing pvp now.

1 Like

Yeah, on priest sometimes I actually like it when they duel because there’s one less dps hitting my teammate. Whereas on Pres, Emerald Communion doesn’t even work so that sucks. I’ll rely completely on Rewind and Dream Breath cds, and some good rogues might even pay attention to that.

I’m not sure exactly when rogues consider duelling the healer, but it might be better dueling the priest and CCing. It doesn’t happen often tho so I’m not sure what they’re trying to do there.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like how there’s room for both the rogue and healer to outplay each other during duels, I just don’t like how it can be so lopsided depending on healer class.

Remember when the CC nerfs happened and rogues were gonna be unplayable?

I do.

no that’s not true at all… they add rapid contagion for affi warlocks in s3 and then removed it for s4 and gave us soulshard shattering jinx lol

85 whole likes with a small fraction of players that pvp, a smaller fraction of the base of players on the forums, in a game with millions of players subscribed? That’s a big number. Let sub have more sustain damage and then shadowy duel can probably go. Damage only being useful in an 8 second Dance with symbols up is annoying. Be glad Duel cant be used by all specs

Shadowy duel should cause both players’ screens to go completely black for the duration.

delete rogues from pvp, at the very least delete shadowy duel

To be honest, I don’t listen to the opinions of robbers because you are always biased on this topic.
85 likes is good, here topics with nerf dh gain a maximum of 30 and dh goes into nerf.
I and everyone else don’t care how much damage you do or how you CC and survive, we only care about one button, thanks to which you don’t need a partner.