Shadowy Apparitions

Is it worth it to use the talent or conduit that buffs our ghostly friends?

I miss having tons of them floating around and dealing decent damage :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

In raids, both.

In dungeons, conduit unless playing pl talbs. Talent is pl or crash but can sometimes be as too.

My ghosts do probably 10% of my damage now.

1 Like

Depends on the content. I prefer spirits with the conduit vs void crash in rbgs.

2 Likes

Ive been messing around with the conduit, talents, crit build, and yesterday i finally realized its not a effective as i hoped. im about to try haste/mastery/vers to focus on dots since they far outdamage ghosts. ill shoot for 20% in each and see how it feels. also building around for mindbender upcoming buff.

1 Like

If ur talking raids, then AS is better for most of the fights that aren’t Denathrius.
Otherwise, SC is better.
Moment I swapped from AS to SC on denathrius, I am not kidding when I say my dps jumped by at least 500, even more during P1.

In terms of conduits, should always have the SA conduit on. 50% damage buff on a passive ability is a huge dps gain.

Boy oh Boy, the amount of incorrect information in this thread is mind blowing…

The conduit performance will change depending on first your covenant choice, and 2nd your actual person you choose in your covenant…then it may even change depending on ilevel of the conduit…

Then, it may even change depending on cleave verse single target…and of course gear…

Use bloodmallet as a guide, but actually run SIM to determine the answer…

So just out of curiosity I ran 3 sims to test conduit combinations:

• Night Fae - Niya
  • 222 item level
  • 1010132 talent setup for all sims
  • Patchwerk encounter
  • All 213 conduits

6361 DPS = Haunting Apparitions + Mind Devourer
6462 DPS = Haunting Apparitions + Dissonant Echoes
6439 DPS = Mind Devourer + Dissonant Echoes

So the standard Apparitions + Echoes build is the best for single target, but on a single target fight Mind Devourer instead of Apparitions is equal DPS.

Just a quick test to show the differences.

Yvaelle, took a quick look at what you did…

Recommendation, look at Korayn for cleave…dissonant echoes, first strike and wild hunt tactics will comes out ahead of grove, tools, ha, and de…

Korayn is only good for Mplus, raid your only choice is Niya.

The point was not to sim every encounter type and conduit combination.
I was just showing the approach and outcome of comparative sims for NF-Niya, on Patchwerk.

As a rule of thumb HA will pull away from MD as the conduit ilvls increase because MD’s DP proc does not scale with conduit ilvl.

Yea the recommendation I made early on, that I still want, is to split it into two separate conduits.

Mind Blast - Increases the damage of Mind Blast by % (larger than Mind Devourer)

Devourer - Mind Blast has a % chance to apply Devouring Plague

The Mind Blast Conduit would enable a Talbadar’s / Psychic Link build to shine when it should, where currently it’s pretty marginal even with the massive synergy it already has. It’s also much easier to balance since it’s just a single %.

Devourer scales the proc rate with item level, so it will scale throughout the expansion. Switching it to auto-proc on Mind Blast also removes the GCD cost of the Conduit, which will count against it as well. But it loses the gameplay element, which is unfortunate but I think better off overall.

Disonnant Echoes is going to remain the favored proc-based conduit due to the high synergy with Hungering Void, and playing both is just too much.

The thread has become more intelligent. My work is done.

Hopefully you can see Voidcaller, there are always many things in play…use bloodmallet as a guide, SIM as the rule…