Shadowy Apparitions can no longer be seen by allies

I haven’t been able to see other spriest apparitions for awhile now.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they were disabled for others due to the large amount of people who don’t know what the spell density setting does. Example a few replies to this thread.

1 Like

Agree to disagree is fine my man! We see things through the lens of our own experiences. I’m more physics/AI/systems than I am the graphics side of things. I can do a lot on the visual side but my experience is still limited. I’m have a handle but not for high-level work but I always like picking things apart.

As for variable res, the client has an option for maintaining target framerate. I’m going to go on a very short walk and say there’s dynamic tuning during gameplay with that option checked when framerate struggle. Most modern game engines support dynamic resolutions, FX, lod, etc. I’m going to assume Blizzard is aware of this and that’s what that setting handles.

Will today’s updates have mind spike animations and apparitions again? curious but not hopeful.

2 Likes

That’s what I just tweeted and asked lol

Yeah, still the same no animation, played with my arcane mage and it feels FANTASTIC, i think thats it for me, “Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonight” titanic sinks in

1 Like

Is this still turned off?

Hello? Are you there

As long as I can see them I don’t care. Sucks to be group members that can’t enjoy the spell animation.

I never knew that actually, but it does kinda suck that our most epic looking spell effect can’t be enjoyed by others. However, I do get weird procs where I have like 10 flying at the enemy and I could see that being distracting or confusing for allies =(

1 Like

I miss when they looked like the player character.

BRING THAT BACK

1 Like

I always thought other players could see them until I read this thread and then noticed that I cannot see other shadow priests shadows either. Same thing for wild imps for warlocks. I do want to see them though, I want to see the shadowy figures flying out from all the shadow priests filling up my screen. I understand it probably stresses video cards, but for those of us that have systems that can handle it, I want to experience it with everything being displayed . Why can’t they just add a simple toggle under the graphics system to see other players shadows or imps or other spell effects?

I think I recall some time ago the wow devs mentioning that some graphic and visual elements would be relegated to player only in group content or the entire screen would be filled up with a spectacle of all sorts of nonsense from all the players and as such could be distracting and prevent the ability to deal with encounter mechanics.

I think you see players effects just fine when doing PvP and at the target dummies. So I think it’s only relegated to PvE group content.

I’m not sure it’s lag that’s the issue. It’s all you shadow priests and elemental shamans and beastmasters and warlocks (ect) that don’t play melee! The animation overload with boss mechanics, guardians, pets, ranged animations all firing off in your face makes it much more challenging to play melee than it is to play ranged. Seeing half a dozen ghosts flying through you to get to the boss is the last thing on melee’s “oh cool” list. It’s just more clutter for them.

Also they are Spirits / Ghosts :ghost:
Why would anyone see them aside from the Priest that summoned them lol.

Well, I mean, I’m okay if only paladins see them:

I played mop remix and had to literally turn down my graphic settings when tanking terrace so I knew when to move the boss. Retail is just a blinding mess. Makes me appreciate my dumb non flying apparitions in cata more.

They were so terrible in Cata and MoP back then when it was a slow walking shadow that also was able to be targeted. It allowed warriors to charge them and built rage off 1 shotting them with a melee swing lol.

I personally just never picked up that talent and just went for more reliable talents instead lol.

2 Likes