Shadows Rising

Did anyone else make the mistake of ordering the book from Dymocks? For some reason their release date is listed as August 1 and they don’t seem to have changed it even now.

2 Likes

I tried buying the ebook and it’s not even on google play books, or kindle. I saw one Amazon site list the release date as December 1st 2020.

It’s really disappointing honestly. A lot of my American friends are already reading the book - I’ve been hyped for this for ages and I’m kinda bummed that we don’t even seem to HAVE a definite release date for Australia. Each site seems to say something different :confused:

1 Like

I just looked at it again and the other places don’t even have a date except for Booktopia. Unfortunately they’re selling the hard cover for about $50 so bleh. Not many options for Australia.

Amazon AU says the 1st of December :sob:

I wish they’d have at least released the ebook, like… the Pandemic can’t stop that.

1 Like

They should have been prepared for this even with physical copies in my opinion. Like they couldn’t have pushed up shipments of the books or ordered them earlier? This pandemic has been going for months now, not expecting it isn’t an excuse anymore.

1 Like

This happens every year with the audiobooks especially I’m not sure the reason why, but by the time we can get it a legit way the expansion is already launched and the effectiveness of the book is too late. Someone suggested I use a VPN and get it through audible that way. This sentence will probably get me grief spammed, but I found “other means” to source the book. If it was available to me in regular means I would buy it legit and I tried again this year, but was told by one audiobook site that it wasn’t available in my area.
so yeah, my two cents I await the griefing.

I can’t argue with that. They’re literally stopping you from throwing your money at them, it’s stupid. Always has been.

2 Likes

Bought this in store at Dymocks last Friday July 24th. So, perhaps have a check in store (just in case).

I’d love to but unfortunately I bought it with my Dymocks points and those aren’t refundable.

Darn =( I ended up buying it in store because the hardback order i had made via book depository has not arrived yet and i was too excited to wait. Will be mailing my paperback copy to a guildy this week to share the booky goodness.

I pre-ordered the hardcover from Booktopia and it arrived on the 24th.

Yeah seems I’ve been gibbed ordering from Dymocks this time around. Last time I preorder a book I tell you that much.

Idk if you can get Audible in Aus, it’s online but if you sign up for a month you get a free copy of any book and one of the choices is Shadows Rising.

I think it’s better reading it, though. They only have the author reading the book so it’s kind of weird.

A sub for Audible is about $15 a month USD.

Yeah we do have it here. My copy finally arrived yesterday so it’s all good now.

I ordered on Amazon AU aswell and a few days after i did they changed the delivery/release dates but my order whenever i click on it still says “we’ll email you when it’s available” and from what i’ve heard its december 1st? After the expansion launches. That’s fantastic on behalf of Blizzard and it’s distributors, lets not allow part of the audience to obtain and read the book bridging the current to the new expansion BEFORE it launches because well… we don’t think of anyone but our American customers.

I don’t blame ANYONE who has gone and accessed the book in less than legitimate ways because quite frankly this is a royal **** up. Pending whether or not Booktopia processes my payment/order today i’ll be cancelling my amazon order. Sucks having to spend extra money to have it delivered but at least at the time of ordering today, Booktopia says they have it in stock.

Edit: i should add, i did message amazon about their crappy non updated stuff and question when/if i could be expecting my purchase and the response was basically “we don’t have enough, we’re waiting to be re-supplied, wait an extra 2 weeks and then if it hasn’t changed you can cancel or perhaps purchase from Amazon US and incur additional shipping costs”. What kind of s*** is that lol.

Yeah Australia apparently got screwed hard on this.

Just to update, ordered on thursday, book delivered today by booktopia AU

Edit: Booktopia not book depository

Aussie here! I got mine on July 28 from google play books, in ebook form. Still 2 weeks after the announced due date before I could get it though.

Originally pre ordered with Amazon too - once the release date changed to Dec1 I emailed to cancel. They apologised and gave a $10 credit and I purchased with booktopia which arrived 3 days later. Booktopia have the paperback edition which is <$20