Shadows rising, troll marriage (minor spoiler)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/729805923450618087/730028214684090378/IMG_20200707_020936.png

20 Likes

Talanji said “gay rights!”

22 Likes

Nice

/10char

6 Likes

I’m honestly surprised a race so stagnant they had the same king for hundreds of years had enough social progression to even entertain the idea of homosexuality let alone let them get married.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Rastakhan doesn’t care. Real world views don’t always translate into fiction.

29 Likes

This warms my heart. I hope we get more people-focused little moments like this, much more compelling to me than the same wrestler trash talking lore babble between musclebound supergods. With the Lor’themar/Thalyssra story, I hope that’s a good sign Blizz is going that direction more.

inb4 the whiner gang gets in here.

36 Likes

Is that fact or speculation?

Yes.
/10 char

3 Likes

I’m trying to have a serious conversation about Troll culture you could at least try to be productive.

1 Like

Rastakhan is actually gay himself.

source:
https://tinyurl.com/y8aaw3lc

4 Likes

I always enjoy a wedding.

You know what fine. I see how it is. You people can bite me.

2 Likes

I don’t think any culture in World of Warcraft condemns homosexuality.

28 Likes

Even though Rastakhan was removed from the scene, Trolls have gotten a lot of love in the lore and other goodies lately. This little tidbit is kind of cool. Not a big deal, but an interesting moment of world building.

Trolls be flippin out mon!

I am looking forward to Shadows Rising. It seems like the author is going to use the novel to build a world and fill in blanks. As opposed to Before the Storm, which seemed an attempt at a grand showcase with parades, gatherings, massacres, and a spewing set up with little relation to the expac before it.

12 Likes

have you ever considered just like, not posting

3 Likes

Trolls are just a decadent inbred backward race. No surprises here.

1 Like

I was expecting something more… exotic? Primal? I’m not exactly sure what. But definitely more than just ye olde throwing of the rice.

8 Likes

Have you ever considered this is the Story Forum and discussing the story is what we’re supposed to do? Going to stop posting in this thread before my irritation bleeds into what I’m saying.

2 Likes

Blizzard, whether out of altruism, pandering, or pressure from the fandom, has decided to include lgbtq whatever characters.

They could’ve went the game of thrones route, showing bigotry and struggle, or they could’ve gone with social acceptance. Blizzard chose the latter, which I think is for the best, since I don’t trust the writers or the fans to handle a reflection on society.

31 Likes