[Shadowlands] Vivify castable in soothing mists?

I am noticing some of the youtube videos show them hardcasting their vivify’s?

I can’t speak to the beta. That said, the only time you cast vivify into SM is if you happen to already be channeling it when you suddenly need to cast vivify. Otherwise, it’s just better to cast vivify without casting SM first.

Really, is this for current as well?

This is from peakofserenity…

However, in Vivify’s case, the base cast time is already only 1.5 seconds, which is the same as a normal GCD. This means there is no actual time savings at all. In the diagram on the side you can see that using Soothing into Vivify and then breaking the channel is only 2 Soothing ticks and 1 Vivify, but simply casting 2 Vivifies is only 0.5s longer. We won’t go into the math here, but let’s just say that 2 Vivifies is a lot more healing than two ticks of Soothing, well worth the price of 0.5s.

1 Like

Channeling SM for the sole purpose of achieving an instant Vivify or EnvM is a “noob trap” (no offence intended). Basically the game tricks you into thinking that’s how you should play but due to the GCD… it isn’t.

At ~25% haste (unbuffed) my Vivify has a 1.2 second cast time and EnVM 1.6 seconds. With a 1.5 Sec GCD, my haste would lower it ~ 1.2 seconds, the same as my Vivify.

So, if your Tanks getting wrecked, it could be worth Channeling SM into an EnVM followed by a few Vivify’s, especially if you’re running statue.

However, if you’re simply spot healing, you’re much better to use 1 GCD per Vivify than SM->Vivify, even if you plan to cast multiple Vivify’s on the same target as it’s more healing epr GCD.

2 Likes