Shadowlands: The Era of the Enhancement Shaman

New changes sound amazing and will seriously shake up the clunky playstyle Enhance has dealt with the past 5 years or so…I personally can’t wait for them! what’s everyone else thinking??

17 Likes

I like the fast paced rotation feels abit like a fury warrior style. See how the new ones play. We will never be the flameshock lava lash again for aoe but we will see how this plays.

I like the changes so far. Im interested how they fix Lava Lash.

6 Likes

The most important change we need now is 2 Handed back. If that happens its game over for everyone else

10 Likes

I couldn’t stand how clunky and spammy the legion redesign of enh felt. Dropped what used to be one of my mains since vanilla like a rock. Very much looking forward to dusting him back off.

3 Likes

I just read the post and I’m ecstatic!

1. Chain Lightning, the main reason I play Orc in Warcraft 3 and in turn the reason I rolled my Shaman in 2005, is back in the melee spec! The only thing better is…
  2. Maelstrom Weapon is also back! Can’t wait to off-heal the group in more dicey encounters, and more importantly unleash thicc Chain Lightnings after my Stormstrikes again! Though, I wonder what this means for Crash Lightning… :frowning:
  3. New Hailstorm is interesting. I wonder if Flame Shock spreading will be a thing to do in an Enhancement rotation. Speaking of which…
  4. Searing Assault seems like the replacement to Flametongue + Lava Lash I was looking for, nice! Hopefully SA + HS aren’t on the same row because they would synergize pretty well in AOE.
  5. New Overcharge looks awesome; I hope it isn’t on the GCD so you can seamlessly macro it with a Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning.
  6. STORMKEEPER, by far the best Elemental ability, now also in the melee spec! The devs definitely watched the final battle of Avengers: Endgame on repeat for inspiration.

There are still some outstanding concerns of course:

1. WF and FT Weapon imbues…we are always going to main hand WF, offhand FT, unless something changes. Can these buffs just be passives?
  2. Same goes for Lightning Shield.
  3. Defensive concerns still remain. Our damage rotation seems a bit more involved now, but we need space to protect ourselves, too. We have more healing abilities again, but jury is out on mana costs/regeneration. We also just lost a spammable snare as Frost Shock now has a cooldown.

I’m really excited to learn more soon. But from what I see so far…

BATTLEMAGE ENHANCEMENT IS BACK BABY!

2 Likes

Enhancement renamed Elehancement.

2 Likes

Can you provide a link to the SA, Hailstorm, and new overcharge? Is there a talent tree available?

Clunky? The new and improved RNG on RNG with SS procs and maelstrom procs…no thanks

1 Like

Yeah it’s a blue post on the WoW website: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23310980

No talent calculator as they’ve only shared a snippet of their design changes.

1 Like

Instant chain lighting for 5 stacks of maelstrom is no replacement for crash lightning.

I would think we keep crash lightning.

Maybe the numbers get slightly toned down if the AOE becomes too good in combination with chain lighting but maelstrom weapon is also going to be needed for heals so I think our AOE would still be principally from crash lightning.

2 Likes

for real… lets not have this anymore. I hate having to wait for things to proc. and then proc off that.

1 Like

Thank God we will never have that again.

1 Like

I hope we keep crash lightning and get chain lightning to supplement our AOE. I can see it as good for more spread AOE as cleave from crash lightningf can get dicey depending on enemy type. We shall see. Either way I am absolutely STOKED about the changes for enhancement. The spec was in serious need for a decent rework and it sounds like we’re getting it!

2 Likes

These changes basically guaranty I’m swapping from enhance. Absolutely hate all the changes aside from the removal of maelstrom as a resource.

Years of rabling and pointing out how bad current Enh’s design truely is finally paid off now if only they’d say Ascendance was gone…

I wouldn’t get too excited. We were good at the start of BfA, then came the whip. As the most interesting class in the game, we have to be weak, slow, gimped in some way. Otherwise we just have a million shaman, and a few DH tanks, lol.

1 Like

Monks! You get two-handers!
Death Knights! You get two-handers!
Shaman! Not you!

3 Likes

2 handed shamans stir from your slumber. Time to awaken them!

6 Likes

I’m definitely happy about the changes. They basically turned back the clock before Legion which excites me. I hated what they did to shamans in Legion.