Shadowlands sucks bring back our WoW Back we love

this should be here

Jose Saramago was famous (infamous?) for this. Great author, but a single sentence could go on for half a book.

What’s an H trip?

LOL! I wouldn’t know as I never logged into Shadowlands. You are just now realizing that retail is F’d? The only reason I came back to WoW was for Classic, the Burning Crusade and possibly Wrath of the Lich King. After that the game is screwed hard.

Once the new development team was hired during Cataclysm the mindset of the team changed. They no longer had the belief to build a game to appeal to as many as they could. Their belief changed to “I’m in charge now and I say how this game goes”. That attitude is what causes people to leave.

An example: I don’t like multiboxers in PvP, so I’m going to remove the /follow command from battlegrounds, not tell anyone then when players complain simply state it was because of bots. This is the attitude that reduces competition in the game thereby reducing people playing. That would never have happened with the original development team that wanted the game to appeal to as many play styles as possible and many different ways to play the game with many things to do.

Warning! This is a troll post.

[1] Shadowlands is not live yet – not even in retail. You can’t “bring back” something before it – you haven’t “brought” Shadowlands yet. Was this post written before the delay?

[2] This is the Classic forum. Shadowlands is NOT in Classic, and will never be in Classic. Why is this here?

Nonsense. NOBODY is trying it out yet, because it doesn’t exist yet!

Truth is when the orginal blizzard owners left the game changed

I thought you said mangled at first. Made me laugh. Poor Deathqueer.

Uh if anything it’s less garbage now, but still garbage. They screwed up the game in BFA more than ever.

I agree with this to an extent.

I think shadowlands is better than BFA in some ways.

I like the idea of exploring the world of the dead.

I like the idea of exploring what one could call heaven (Bastion) and what one would call Hell (the Maw).

I like saving souls in the Maw. I really feel for these poor devil’s and I like feeling like I’m a thorn in the Jailers plan and good about myself for saving every soul I can.

I like the idea of Torghast.
A dark tower of sorts that serves as a mega prison of sorts for many that do not deserve to be there situated in the Maw. Which has many different segments in it.

The dungeons all seem to reflect a certain section of the shadowlands wider world and it’s cool that based on what covenant you chose in some you will get certain advantages.

The whole idea of joining a covenant in the game is interesting.

So I will not say Shadowlands sucks.

With that said,

I do feel that Blizzard made some sudden changes with no explanation for reasons that go against the lore of this fictional world that has had an established core for more than twenty years.

I do think that the people making the big decisions now are part of the business class that just see wow like many other games in their company cash cows to make money.

The people who actually care about the lore of wow or just care that the lore in any fictional story that has been long established remain true are being drowned out by a mob of people who grew up in a culture where quick quick fast fast rewards are expected at all times and I think these human desires have hurt the section of the player base who appreciate rewards earned from long term growth.

I also think they have destroyed new unique races like the void elves which again doesn’t seem to go with the lore to appease a bunch of crybabies.

The other day another void elf who looks like a high elf said I was ugly because my void is just that traditionally a void elf. Meaning blue skin and void colors in my hair you know because maybe I am a void elf.

PVP. I use to have a personal kill count. Now it’s gone so I feel my character doesn’t have a unique board anymore to reflect how well he is doing.

PVP again. Again, going against the lore. If the Horde and Alliance are now at peace why are there skirmishes over territory still even taking place?

I like the post above, it actually gives details and love/hates of the game, I think I like some things about retail, but the entire point of wow at the start was to be a more casual game to everquest. Which was fine right, but it went wayyyy to far, Shadowlands has some good things but a lot of the things that make a MMORPG arent there, its more of a who can clear mythic raids first type deal. For example, Everything in shadowlands is super easy BUT Mythic raiding/Higher end pvping. Farming gold is a joke, Leveling is a joke, Mount farming is a joke, even mythic dungeons for the most part are a joke, my priest has done most of them. Theres only 1% of the game that is actually challenging and if you do not like that 1% it isnt fun. I enjoy the entire game to be somewhat of a challenge, Leveling in classic takes ages and is annoying because you cant just aoe farm everything down, Unless you’re a mage. Gold farming is also rough even if you are a mage you gotta go practice boosting which takes hours. It’s just a lot more effort in the game for a majority of the player base than retail is. On a side note I do like torghast, I think most classes in retail feel awful, class design is rough, I love that RBGS are back into the PVP scene again.