Shadowlands Skip Issue

Hi there,

I have a feeling I’m just beat on in this one but on my druid (Tiltshift - Ilidan), I started the first part of the Shadowlands intro from Org at level 49 because at that point I wasn’t high enough to skip it. I decided to wait until this week to continue with chromie time being an option. This week I leveled to 60 with a mix of chromie time and the world event. I went back and did the intro until the cave where I was able to talk to Jaina and skip to Oribos.

However, I did not receive the re-Introductions option from the Fatescribe, presumably because I had technically “been to the Shadowlands before”. Am I going to have to do the whole campaign if I want to choose a covenant? Or am I forgetting another skip option somewhere?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

The threads of fate route through SL went away as of yesterday when Chromie time was extended to be from 10-60.

2 Likes

This is the current patch notes, Taopunk:

Removed the ability for players who have not started Threads of Fate to access the system.

• Developers’ note: The goal with Threads of Fate was to help alleviate the linear path of Shadowlands for alts as it was the only way for players to level from 50 to 60. Now that Shadowlands has been moved into Chromie time and Chromie Time’s level cap has been increased to 60, players have a multitude of methods to reach level 60. Players currently in Threads of fate can continue through it, but the option will not be available for any new characters.
4 Likes

I think I should rephrase my problem. Do I need to do the whole Shadowlands story even if I’m 60 already? I am aware of the removal of threads of fate. I was under the impression that there was a shortcut if you were 60 on an alt.

However, the only thing I can quote directly is a WoWHead article which of course isn’t an official voice for blizzard:

" Evokers, rejoice! A level 60 character entering Oribos through the portal for the first time (without having been through Shadowlands before this) will be offered the quest Re-Introductions directly by Fatescribe Roh-Tahl and told to speak with Tal’Inara. She will then offer the follow-up quest Choosing Your Purpose, so the 60 can pick up their Covenant right away. Great news for Evokers!"

Is that totally incorrect, or is it Evokers only? I just assumed I was screwed because I started the intro therefore didn’t qualify has having not been to the shadowlands yet.

I imagine if it is specifically saying “Evokers”, then it applies specifically to Evokers. Usually when it applies to more than one class it would say “Adventurers”, or something similar.

4 Likes

I was actually able to, just now, select Threads of Fate from the Fatescribe (the type FATE prompt and everything), and then accept ! Choosing Your Purpose from Tal-inara. I can now choose a covenant.

I didn’t bother trying to choose that because everything written from a blue post, etc., has suggested that it is gone. I’m assuming the more accurate description is that it’s gone if you haven’t started the Shadowlands storyline, period, not just have chosen Threads of Fate.

4 Likes

So technically this problem is resolved. Just something that should be known for anyone in this specific scenario. If you’ve started the Shadowlands intro, and no longer need to level to 60, you can still select Threads of Fate to skip to being able to choose a covenant.

2 Likes

I interpreted it the same way in a thread from last night where it was similarly called into question, I wonder if maybe some clarification from “characters” to “players” in that article (and the developers’ notes by extension) might clear up some of the mystery?

2 Likes

Uh, about that:

I was able to perform the Threads of Fate skip as normal after skipping the L50 Maw intro on my L60 Evoker. Admittedly, I haven’t tested if you can talk to the fatescribe where you’d normally find him after declining the initial Threads offering…

That is correct and corresponds to what you quoted. If you opened up the “Threads of Fate” by doing the whole campaign once before the hotfix it is still open to you on new characters at the moment.

I haven’t either yet.